inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dustin Diamond Couldn't Be Saved By The Bell

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/01/21 at 2:12 pm

Dustin Diamond, known for his role as Samuel "Screech" Powers on the Teen NBC show Saved By The Bell, died early this morning after being diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma, lung cancer, 3 weeks ago.

https://ew.com/tv/dustin-diamond-hospitalized-florida/

Subject: Re: Dustin Diamond Couldn't Be Saved By The Bell

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/01/21 at 2:19 pm

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 2:24 pm

Dustin Diamond, known for his role as Samuel "Screech" Powers on the Teen NBC show Saved By The Bell, died early this morning after being diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma, lung cancer, 3 weeks ago.

https://ew.com/tv/dustin-diamond-hospitalized-florida/

R.I.P. Dustin Diamond (Screech Powers)  :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/21 at 2:39 pm

I just found out 😔

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/21 at 2:48 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/01/21 at 4:46 pm

I just found out

So did I. :\'( :\'(

And he'd just turned 44 last month..

Written By: andersenb11775 on 02/01/21 at 7:19 pm

Rest in Peace. as horrible as Screech could be towards girls, i do not blame the actor for the scripts.

Written By: Arch Vile on 02/01/21 at 7:33 pm

I'm in the process of using a notable Pink Floyd song as a song parody tribute to him.  Here are some verses so far:

Remember from on TV
You filled us with glee
Great life of Dussssstin Diamond

Your 'rents were techies at heart
When your life it did start
Great job from Dusssssstin Diamond

I'll pass the mic to anyone else who wants to contribute.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/21 at 5:10 am

There are all sorts of signed Dustin Diamond (Screech) memorabilia for sale at eBay. T-shirts, glasses, dolls, and photos.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/21 at 6:45 pm

There are all sorts of signed Dustin Diamond (Screech) memorabilia for sale at eBay. T-shirts, glasses, dolls, and photos.

That is very typical on eBay when someone passes away. You wouldn't believe what they were selling when Michael Jackson died. We used to sell on there. I had a Shirley Temple doll that I kept relisting, relisting, and relisting. Then one day, I started getting a bunch of bids. Come to find out, she died.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/02/21 at 6:51 pm

That is very typical on eBay when someone passes away. You wouldn't believe what they were selling when Michael Jackson died. We used to sell on there. I had a Shirley Temple doll that I kept relisting, relisting, and relisting. Then one day, I started getting a bunch of bids. Come to find out, she died.

Cat

You hit upon a pet peeve of mine. People that rush out and buy everything the second somebody dies. What kind of Johnny-Come-Latelies are these? If they were fans of the person that died shouldn't they already have these things? When John Lennon died everybody rushed out and bought everything and all his records went back in the charts. I, having been a lifelong fan, already had everything he put out, plus more (bootlegs, etc). I don't understand those people. But they get what they deserve. When somebody dies, the vultures move in. Back when when paying for downloads on iTunes was still a thing and Whitney Houston died, iTunes raised the price of each of her songs by a dollar. Disgraceful.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/21 at 6:58 pm

Hard to believe it’s been 15 years since “Screeched: Saved by the Smell” was released.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/03/21 at 2:39 am

His manager said that he had a lump in his neck that just kept getting bigger and bigger and he just hesitated to get it looked at because he was afraid to get it checked out.  As we well know that by the time he did get it checked out by a doctor it was already too late because it had spread so fast. His mother passed away from breast cancer.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/21 at 3:28 am

Unless you were a fan of his, then it's OK to buy his merchandise but I wasn't exactly fan of his I thought he was funny on SBTB at times. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/21 at 5:25 am

Unless you were a fan of his, then it's OK to buy his merchandise but I wasn't exactly fan of his I thought he was funny on SBTB at times.

He was hilarious in Hang Time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/21 at 5:39 am

Tributes are pouring in from Tiffany Amber-Thiessen, Mario Lopez, Lark Voorhies, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, and Tori Spelling. Also Elizabeth Berkeley. :-*.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/02/his-saved-by-the-bell-costars-pay-tribute-to-dustin-diamond.html

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/21 at 6:56 pm

The E! channel is now showing a SBTB marathon all night.  8)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/21 at 7:01 pm

This one hit me really hard. He will be missed.

He was Jewish like me. I'm part Jewish. I never knew that about him, but I read it on Wikipedia.

Check for new replies or respond here...