inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Notes are Blue for Gil Saunders

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/21 at 5:29 am

Celebrated soul crooner Gil Saunders, who performed as the lead singer for Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes, has passed away after a long battle with MS and lung cancer.  :\'(

https://www.soultracks.com/story-gil-saunders-dies

His power-soul vocals provided the energy behind singles "Today's Your Lucky Day", "Don't Give Me Up" and "I Really Love You."  8)

Sadly there are few surviving members of HMATBN. Headliner Harold Melvin passed away in 1997 (57), original Lawrence Brown in 2008 (63), Teddy Pendergrass (59), Roosevelt Brodie (75), and Bernie Wilson (64) in 2010. Original lead singer John Atkins passed in 1998, former lead singer David Ebo in 1993 (43), singer Sharon Paige in 2020 (67). Very odd that only one even made it into his 70’s.  :-\\

Fortunately Lloyd Parks, Jerry Cummings, and original member Bobby Cook, are still living and are the sole survivors of the original Blue Notes.

Subject: Re: The Notes are Blue for Gil Saunders

Written By: Howard on 02/05/21 at 8:15 am

Celebrated soul crooner Gil Saunders, who performed as the lead singer for Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes, has passed away after a long battle with MS and lung cancer.  :\'(

https://www.soultracks.com/story-gil-saunders-dies

His power-soul vocals provided the energy behind singles "Today's Your Lucky Day", "Don't Give Me Up" and "I Really Love You."  8)

Sadly there are few surviving members of HMATBN. Headliner Harold Melvin passed away in 1997 (57), original Lawrence Brown in 2008 (63), Teddy Pendergrass (59), Roosevelt Brodie (75), and Bernie Wilson (64) in 2010. Original lead singer John Atkins passed in 1998, former lead singer David Ebo in 1993 (43), singer Sharon Paige in 2020 (67). Very odd that only one even made it into his 70’s.  :-\\

Fortunately Lloyd Parks, Jerry Cummings, and original member Bobby Cook, are still living and are the sole survivors of the original Blue Notes.

RIP Gil Saunders.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...