inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George Segal Gone at 87

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/21 at 1:16 am

Veteran Goldbergs actor George Segal has passed away at 87, due to surgical complications.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/entertainment/george-segal-dead-obituary-trnd/index.html

Subject: Re: George Segal Gone at 87

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/21 at 1:51 am

So sad to hear this news.

He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/21 at 5:28 am

He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Yes, he was.

Written By: nally on 03/24/21 at 1:55 pm

So sad to hear this news.

He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

:\'( :\'( :\'(

R.I.P. George :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/24/21 at 2:06 pm

I saw him star in "A Touch Of Class" in 1974, a now-forgotten romantic comedy which was a big hit at the time and won Glenda Jackson an academy award. He was also in the classic "Fun With Dick and Jane" with Jane Fonda in 1977. Not really the kind of movies made anymore, though they did try a lame remake of "Dick and Jane" with Jim Carrey in 2005.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/21 at 2:11 pm

I saw him star in "A Touch Of Class" in 1974, a now-forgotten romantic comedy which was a big hit at the time and won Glenda Jackson an academy award. He was also in the classic "Fun With Dick and Jane" with Jane Fonda in 1977. Not really the kind of movies made anymore, though they did try a lame remake of "Dick and Jane" with Jim Carrey in 2005.
A film channel on British television keep repeating the lame remake of "Dick and Jane", I keep checking to see if it is the original.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/21 at 2:24 pm

So sad. There were a few really good movies he was in that I love-Dutchess and the Dirt Water Fox with Goldie Hawn (super funny movie) and Carbon Copy with a very young Denzel Washington.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/24/21 at 2:30 pm

A film channel on British television keep repeating the lame remake of "Dick and Jane", I keep checking to see if it is the original.

And speaking of Glenda Jackson, she was very big here in the 70s until she left acting to spend many years in politics in England. I see she has recently returned to acting after such a long absence. I saw her recently in "Elizabeth Is Missing" on PBS. It was a whodunut where she plays a woman with dementia who solves a murder mystery of long standing. She looks ancient now, but she was excellent as always.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/21 at 2:33 pm

So sad. There were a few really good movies he was in that I love-Dutchess and the Dirt Water Fox with Goldie Hawn (super funny movie) and Carbon Copy with a very young Denzel Washington.

Cat
Also, guess what, "The Duchess and the Dirt Water Fox" was on television today...

Written By: Howard on 03/24/21 at 2:39 pm

Veteran Goldbergs actor George Segal has passed away at 87, due to surgical complications.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/entertainment/george-segal-dead-obituary-trnd/index.html

RIP George Segal.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/21 at 2:42 pm

Also, guess what, "The Duchess and the Dirt Water Fox" was on television today...

I was looking for the scene where they are in the carriage talking in pig Latin. It was just so funny but it wasn't on YouTube.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/21 at 4:29 pm

Cat

I love Carbon Copy
One film I find people often forget he was in is Look Who's Talking.  He played Mikey's birth father

Check for new replies or respond here...