inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: G. Gordon Liddy breaks into the afterlife

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/30/21 at 10:02 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/g-gordon-liddy-unrepentant-watergate-000650979.html

G. Gordon Liddy -- CREEP member, Watergate conspirator and later talk show host -- has died. He was 90.

One weird thing about history (especially this long ago) is that one assumes most if not all the major participants are already long dead. All of the Plumbers are dead. Everyone at CREEP is dead. Nixon's dead. Deep Throat (Mark Felt) is dead.

Alexander Butterfield, John Dean, Gordon Strachan, and journalists Woodward and Bernstein, Barry Sussman, Howard Rosenfield, and Lesley Stahl are all still alive.

Subject: Re: G. Gordon Liddy breaks into the afterlife

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/21 at 3:09 am

Gordo did it right. Unlike his associates, he kept his mouth shut and refused to be a rat when questioned by grand juries, and he refused to testify to the Senate. Definitely an OG.  8)

V5Mfs44MhYM

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/21 at 5:23 am

. Everyone at CREEP is dead.

Not quite. High Sloan, Don Segretti, Judy Miller (she ratted on others 8-P ), and Roger Stone are still on our side of the grass.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/31/21 at 10:26 am

I meant as far as Watergate participants and adjacents. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/21 at 5:36 am

Here’s a link to Gordo’s Find-A-Grave page.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/225140929/george-gordon_battle-liddy

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/21 at 11:02 am

I just a short report on the radio about G. Gordon Liddy, a segment of his radio show was played, and what he said was portrayed. I feel his character was used in "Homeland".

Check for new replies or respond here...