inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Joe Long - Hung on for 88 Years

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/22/21 at 6:26 pm

Joe Long, longtime bassist for the legendary pop group Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, has passed away at the age of 88 due to COVID-19.  :\'(. Fellow Four Season Tommy DeVito also succumbed to the virus last year, at the age of 92.  :-\\

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2021/04/joe-long-ex-four-seasons-member-and-nj-hall-of-famer-dies-from-covid.html

In their heyday, which ran from ‘52 to ‘75, FVATFS ran up a string of classic hits, including Rag Doll, Let’s Hang On, Oh What a Night, Who Loves You, Working My Way Back to You, Sherry, Walk Like a Man, and Big Girls Don’t Cry, just to name a few of their chart toppers.  8)

Frankie Valli himself is still out there kicking butt at the age of 86.  8)

Subject: Re: Joe Long - Hung on for 88 Years

Written By: Howard on 04/23/21 at 7:39 am

Joe Long, longtime bassist for the legendary pop group Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, has passed away at the age of 88 due to COVID-19.  :\'(. Fellow Four Season Tommy DeVito also succumbed to the virus last year, at the age of 92.  :-\\

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2021/04/joe-long-ex-four-seasons-member-and-nj-hall-of-famer-dies-from-covid.html

In their heyday, which ran from ‘52 to ‘75, FVATFS ran up a string of classic hits, including Rag Doll, Let’s Hang On, Oh What a Night, Who Loves You, Working My Way Back to You, Sherry, Walk Like a Man, and Big Girls Don’t Cry, just to name a few of their chart toppers.  8)

Frankie Valli himself is still out there kicking butt at the age of 86.  8)

My Parents And I enjoyed listening to Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons. :)

Subject: Re: Joe Long - Hung on for 88 Years

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/23/21 at 2:18 pm

Sad to hear this - always liked the Four Seasons    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

(As I sit here, Who Loves You is playing in the background)

R.I.P. Joe Long

Check for new replies or respond here...