inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No More Saturday Nights for Les McKeown

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/21 at 6:11 pm

Les McKeown, front man for the legendary 70s band The Bay City Rollers, has passed away at the age of 65 from unknown causes.  :\'(

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/22/les-mckeown-frontman-for-bay-city-rollers-dies-aged-65

In their heyday, BCR were huge, and they seemed to be everywhere. My favorite tune of theirs was Saturday Night, released when Les was only 19 years old.  8)

7BKKaKT_dtM

Subject: Re: No More Saturday Nights for Les McKeown

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/23/21 at 6:19 pm

I liked Bay City Rollers during high school - sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Les McKeown

Written By: Howard on 04/24/21 at 7:36 am

Les McKeown, front man for the legendary 70s band The Bay City Rollers, has passed away at the age of 65 from unknown causes.  :\'(

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/22/les-mckeown-frontman-for-bay-city-rollers-dies-aged-65

In their heyday, BCR were huge, and they seemed to be everywhere. My favorite tune of theirs was Saturday Night, released when Les was only 19 years old.  8)

7BKKaKT_dtM

RIP Les.  :\'(

Written By: karen on 04/24/21 at 1:50 pm

I was a bit young to truly appreciate the Bay City Rollers. I did have some photo cards in my scrapbook that a neighbour gave me. Her daughter Rose had collected them and these were some swaps that she had. I think they were free if you collected some sweet wrappers (Curly Wurly maybe).

The only other thing I remember is a chant we used to do

B A Y
B A Y
B A Y C I T Y
With and R O double L E R S
Bay City Rollers are the best!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/21 at 10:06 am

So sad, memories of schooldays for me.

I was a bit young to truly appreciate the Bay City Rollers. I did have some photo cards in my scrapbook that a neighbour gave me. Her daughter Rose had collected them and these were some swaps that she had. I think they were free if you collected some sweet wrappers (Curly Wurly maybe).

The only other thing I remember is a chant we used to do

B A Y
B A Y
B A Y C I T Y
With and R O double L E R S
Bay City Rollers are the best!
Thank you, for I heard someone sing that on the radio, and over the weekend I was trying to re-remember the chant.

Check for new replies or respond here...