inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bobby Unser Given The Checkered Flag

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/03/21 at 12:30 pm

Indy race car and three time Indy 500 champion Bobby Unser, died Sunday at 87. He was part of a racing car dynasty, with brother Al winning 4 times at Indy, and nephew Al, Jr. winning twice. He won his last Indy 500 in 1981, when officials discovered too late that he committed a pit lane violation and the race was awarded to Mario Andretti. The decision was overturned and Unser was declared the winner. He retired 2 years later. A legend that will be missed. :\'(

Subject: Re: Bobby Unser Given The Checkered Flag

Written By: Howard on 05/03/21 at 1:45 pm

Indy race car and three time Indy 500 champion Bobby Unser, died Sunday at 87. He was part of a racing car dynasty, with brother Al winning 4 times and nephew Al, Jr. Winning twice. He won his last Indy 500 in 1981, when officials discovered too late that he committed a pit lane violation and the race was awarded to Mario Andretti. The decision was overturned and Unser was declared the winner. He retired 2 years later. A legend that will be missed. :\'(

R.I.P. Bobby Unser.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Bobby Unser Given The Checkered Flag

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/21 at 2:18 pm

An old school buddy of mine used to be a sportscaster. I will have to go over to Facebook and see if he claims to be best friends with Mr. Unser, as he usually does when any sports figure passes away.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...