inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girl You Know It’s True - John Davis Gone at 66

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/21 at 7:56 am

Historically notable singer John Davis, renowned as the real singer of the controversial Milli Vanilli hit  Girl You Know It’s True, has passed away at the age of 66 from COVID-19.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/entertainment/john-davis-milli-vanilli-scil-intl/index.html

When GYKIT first hit the airwaves, it was a massive 1989 hit for the eye-candy duo Milli Vanilli (Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan), and they won a 1990 Grammy for Best New Duo. But it was all a sham.  When Milli Vanilli performed the song at a live MTV concert, lip-syncing to the track that John Davis was really singing, the recording kept skipping and repeating itself. The jig was up and the scam was exposed. ;D The Grammy was rescinded, and Milli’s career was pretty much over.

With Rob Pilatus’ untimely death in 1998, this leaves only Fab Morvan as the surviving Milli Vanilli performer. :-\\  :\'(

udS5qBrBFqE

Subject: Re: Girl You Know It’s True - John Davis Gone at 66

Written By: nally on 05/29/21 at 10:59 am

Aha... I knew he was one of the actual vocalists in the music act Milli Vannilli.

Subject: Re: Girl You Know It’s True - John Davis Gone at 66

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/21 at 8:06 am

I told a co-worker about Davis’ passing and she told me that she heard it was a hoax.

I told her “Girl you know it’s, girl you know it’s, girl you know it’s, girl you know it’s true…”

Check for new replies or respond here...