inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gavin MacLeod Disembarks from the Love Boat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/21 at 5:34 pm

Legendary TV actor Gavin McLeod, possibly best known for his portrayal of Captain Stubing in the schmaltzy TV show The Love Boat, has passed away at the age of 90.  :\'(

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/gavin-macleod-dead-dies-love-boat-mary-tyler-moore-show-1234984591/

Gavin also played key roles in McHale’s Navy and The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

This leaves Yoshio Yoda (who played the Japanese POW, “Fuji”) and John Wright (who played Willy Moss) as the only McHale cast members still alive.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Gavin MacLeod Disembarks from the Love Boat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/29/21 at 6:27 pm

I also loved him on Mary Tyler Moore - he had small parts on many other shows.  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Gavin MacLeod

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/29/21 at 6:43 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/29/21 at 7:20 pm

I primarily remember him from the Love Boat, but I also knew about his roles in other programmes.

R.I.P. Captain - I mean Gavin :\'(

Written By: Howard on 05/30/21 at 7:01 am

Legendary TV actor Gavin McLeod, possibly best known for his portrayal of Captain Stubing in the schmaltzy TV show The Love Boat, has passed away at the age of 90.  :\'(

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/gavin-macleod-dead-dies-love-boat-mary-tyler-moore-show-1234984591/

Gavin also played key roles in McHale’s Navy and The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

This leaves Yoshio Yoda (who played the Japanese POW, “Fuji”) and John Wright (who played Willy Moss) as the only McHale cast members still alive.  :-\\

RIP Gavin  :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/31/21 at 12:50 pm

This just leaves Betty White and Ed Asner as the last surviving members of the Mary Tyler Moore Show Cast. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/21 at 3:52 pm

This just leaves Betty White and Ed Asner as the last surviving members of the Mary Tyler Moore Show Cast.

Gavin was in the vast of both McHale's Navy and Hogan's Heroes.  It's a miracle he lived as long as he did.  :-\\

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/31/21 at 9:31 pm

Gavin was in the vast of both McHale's Navy and Hogan's Heroes.  It's a miracle he lived as long as he did.  :-\\

Gavin outlived Cloris Leachman by 4 months.

Check for new replies or respond here...