inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mayberry Bids Farewell to Millie Swanson

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/21 at 5:17 am

Arlene Golonka , famous for her sweetheart role as Millie Swanson (Ken Berry’s main squeeze) in Mayberry, RFD, has passed away at the age of 85 from Alzheimer’s syndrome.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2021/06/01/arlene-golonka-mayberry-r-f-d-star-dead-at-85/

She was a TV heavyweight, appearing on “The Flying Nun,” “That Girl,” “M*A*S*H,” “All in the Family,” “Love, American Style,” “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” “Maude,” “The Streets of San Francisco,” “The Rockford Files,” “Fantasy Island, “The Love Boat,” “Murder, She Wrote” and many more.

This leaves Ron Howard as the only surviving cast member of MRFD.  :-\\

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Arlene_Golonka_Mayberry_RFD_1969.JPG

Subject: Re: Mayberry Bids Farewell to Millie Swanson

Written By: Contigo on 06/03/21 at 1:01 pm

Sexy lady, she guest starred in several TV show way back when. Nurse Edwina Ferguson comes to mind the most (MASH)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/03/21 at 2:55 pm

Sexy lady, she guest starred in several TV show way back when. Nurse Edwina Ferguson comes to mind the most (MASH)

Oh HECK YEAH.  :P

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/03/21 at 3:14 pm

She was a familiar sight on mid-century American TV. And like Joann Pflug, another familiar TV sight in those days, nobody could forget the name "Arlene Golonka". Her resume reads like a what's what of mid-century American TV:

Car 54, Where Are You?, Get Smart, Barnaby Jones, The Flying Nun, I Spy, That Girl, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, All in the Family, Cannon, Maude, The Andy Griffith Show, Mayberry R.F.D., Alice, The Rockford Files, The Streets of San Francisco, One Day at a Time, The San Pedro Beach Bums, Taxi, Murder, She Wrote, The King of Queens, Valerie, Sunset Beat, and Matlock, among others.

She didn't do too bad in movies either. Her appearances include:

Harvey Middleman, Fireman (1965), Penelope (1966), The Busy Body (1967), Welcome to Hard Times (1967), Hang 'Em High (1968), The Elevator (1974), Airport '77 (1977), The In-Laws (1979), Love At First Bite (1980), The Last Married Couple in America (1980), My Tutor (1983), The End of Innocence (1990) and A Family Affair (2001).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/03/21 at 4:47 pm

I loved her guest role on M*A*S*H as Edwina Ferguson - hilarious!  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Millie Swanson

Check for new replies or respond here...