inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Then There Was One… Mod Squad’s Clarence Williams III Gone at 81

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/21 at 6:25 pm

Legendary and versatile actor on both the large screen and small, Clarence Williams III, has passed away at the age of 81.  :\'(

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/clarence-williams-iii-mod-squad-dies-at-81-1234963703/

Clarence first hit the big time, playing the role of Linc on The Mod Squad. Years later he scored a huge role, playing the troubled father of Prince in the hit flick, Purple Rain.  8)

With Peggy Lipton’s :-* death in 2019 (from colon cancer, same thing that got Clarence) and Tige Andrews’ in 2007, this leaves Michael Cole as the only surviving Mod Squad member.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Then There Was One… Mod Squad’s Clarence Williams IIi Gone at 81

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/21 at 6:28 pm

Here’s the opening sequence to TMS.  8)

kd85Qim_Z6A

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/06/21 at 6:30 pm

I watched him on Mod Squad (despite that it was over my head at age 9).  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Clarence Williams III

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/21 at 6:40 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I used to watch the Mod Squad, too. I remember the tag line: One White, one Black, and one Blond.

There was one time we were watching Charlie's Angels and my sister noticed that it was a recycled story from The Mod Squad.

Cat

Subject: Re: Then There Was One… Mod Squad’s Clarence Williams III Gone at 81

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/21 at 6:48 pm

CW-III had an awesome ‘fro on The Mod Squad.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2021/06/06/USAT/cb97dcec-e5d3-4f94-b544-bfe746aa8705-d_spelling_Mod_26.JPG?width=600&height=810&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Subject: Re: Then There Was One… Mod Squad’s Clarence Williams III Gone at 81

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/21 at 5:35 am

Here’s a poignant scene with CWIII from Purple Rain.  8)

CMVpBG8MYaM

Check for new replies or respond here...