inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Poco Takes Another Hit.. Paul Cotton Gone at 78

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/21 at 5:05 am

Paul Cotton, legendary guitarist/songwriter for the celebrated band Poco, has passed away at the age of 78.  :\'(

https://1430wcmy.com/2021/08/02/longtime-poco-singer-guitarist-paul-cotton-dead-at-age-78/

Poco exploded on the scene in 1978 with their hit song In the Heart of the Night. Cotton’s smooth guitar style stayed with the group up until 2010 when he branched out on his own.

This is the second hit that the band has taken this year. Co-founder Rusty Young bit it back in April at the age of 75.

gfuL5teIoPc

Subject: Re: Poco Takes Another Hit.. Paul Cotton Gone at 78

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/03/21 at 10:41 pm

Poco was great - so sad to hear this    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Paul Cotton

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/21 at 11:04 pm

Poco was great - so sad to hear this    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Paul Cotton

I saw Poco live in 1976 opening for the Stephen Stills/Neil Young Band. They played this, which was the title cut of their new album at the time. It has since become a classic. Written by Rust Young, lead vocals by Paul Cotton and Timothy B. Schmidt. Listen to it and see where the Eagles got all the ingredients for "Hotel California" and pretty much everything else.

Poco
"Rose of Cimarron"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNlCyHp0I

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/21 at 11:08 pm

Poco exploded on the scene in 1978 with their hit song In the Heart of the Night

I'm not sure where you come by this information. Poco was founded in 1968 by ex-members of Buffalo Springfield and were considered pretty much the original California country rock band. They had many classic albums and songs long, long before 1978. If there are people that never heard of them before they happened to have a hit in 1978 they couldn't have been very big music fans.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/21 at 5:34 am

I'm not sure where you come by this information. Poco was founded in 1968 by ex-members of Buffalo Springfield and were considered pretty much the original California country rock band. They had many classic albums and songs long, long before 1978. If there are people that never heard of them before they happened to have a hit in 1978 they couldn't have been very big music fans.

Sorry for the typo. It was indeed 1968.  :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...