inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bye Bye, Don Everly

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/21 at 7:01 am

Legendary pop singer Don Everly, founding member of The Everly Brothers, has cut his last single at the age of 84.  :\'(

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/22/22636470/don-everly-dead-at-84-the-everly-brothers-phil-everly-rock-and-roll

With his brother Phil, they released such hits at “Bye Bye Love,” “Wake Up Little Susie,” “Crying in the Rain,” “All I Have to Do is Dream” and their biggest-selling hit “Cathy’s Clown”.  8)

Subject: Re: Bye Bye, Don Everly

Written By: Howard on 08/22/21 at 7:23 am

Legendary pop singer Don Everly, founding member of The Everly Brothers, has cut his last single at the age of 84.  :\'(

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/22/22636470/don-everly-dead-at-84-the-everly-brothers-phil-everly-rock-and-roll

With his brother Phil, they released such hits at “Bye Bye Love,” “Wake Up Little Susie,” “Crying in the Rain,” “All I Have to Do is Dream” and their biggest-selling hit “Cathy’s Clown”.  8)

RIP to both brothers Phil and Don.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/22/21 at 11:00 am

So now both of them are in heaven. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/21 at 12:15 pm

So now both of them are in heaven. :\'(

Amongst the Everly Brothers and the Righteous Brothers, Bill Medley is the only surviving brother.  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/22/21 at 12:34 pm

Amongst the Everly Brothers and the Righteous Brothers, Bill Medley is the only surviving brother.  :-\\

I don't get what the Everly Brothers have to do with the Righteous Brothers or why you made this connection. Completely different style of music, and the Righteous Brothers were not brothers, while the Everly brothers were brothers. You might just as easily have said "among the Mamas and Papas and Everly Brothers, Michelle Phillips is the only surviving one."

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/21 at 12:37 pm

I don't get what the Everly Brothers have to do with the Righteous Brothers or why you made this connection. Completely different style of music, and the Righteous Brothers were not brothers, while the Everly brothers were brothers. You might just as easily have said "among the Mamas and Papas and Everly Brothers, Michelle Phillips is the only surviving one."

People often confused the two groups, due to the “brothers” moniker and that they were roughly from the same era.

Among the Mamas and the Papas, and the Everly Brothers, Cass Elliot was the first to permanently leave the recording studio.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/22/21 at 12:44 pm

People often confused the two groups, due to the “brothers” moniker and that they were roughly from the same era.

Among the Mamas and the Papas, and the Everly Brothers, Cass Elliot was the first to permanently leave the recording studio.

Anybody who confused the Everlys and the Righteous Brothers would have to be a musical illiterate.

Yes, Cass Elliot died in 1974. The fake urban legend that she choked on a ham sandwich still persists somehow, unfortunately. She died of heart failure due to obesity and years of heroin abuse.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/21 at 1:03 pm

Yes, Cass Elliot died in 1974. The fake urban legend that she choked on a ham sandwich still persists somehow, unfortunately. She died of heart failure due to obesity and years of heroin abuse.

Keith Moon from The Who died in the same room that Cass did, four years later.  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/22/21 at 1:17 pm

Keith Moon from The Who died in the same room that Cass did, four years later.  :-\\

And the apartment was owned by Harry Nilsson!

Written By: Howard on 08/22/21 at 1:21 pm

Right, Righteous Brothers were just singing partners not brothers at all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/22/21 at 2:50 pm

:\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/22/21 at 9:49 pm

The Everly Brothers were legendary!  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Don Everlly

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/21 at 5:24 am

Reunited in Heaven  :\'( :\'( :\'(

They songs were a favourite of our family.

R.I.P. Don Everly

Check for new replies or respond here...