inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This is termination: Ron Bushy (Iron Butterfly) dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/29/21 at 11:15 pm

https://ew.com/music/iron-butterfly-drummer-ron-bushy-dies/

The In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida drum solo is legendary. Funny story: In high school, I randomly became obsessed with this song. I had heard The Simpsons rendition. One day in science class we were experimenting with music using (I think) jars, one note at a time. Mr. Bird made a comment to another teacher that his earlier class had managed to get through all of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. "Can we do that song?" "It's a long song -- We're talking 20 minutes." Thus began a long, long journey just to know what the original song sounded like from start to finish. I was probably more obsessed than I ought to have been, but it was a fun ride. Eventually, once the song became a running joke with me, my teachers (for whom I was an assistant) got me the CD, and some time later, Mr. K gave me his old vinyl copy.

The CD plays fine, but the vinyl now skips. A shame, as I feel it's the better of the two.

Instead that that epic track, I'm gonna highlight another great song, "Termination." Nicr drumming here, as well.

TxAGeGBhIxI

Subject: Re: This is termination: Ron Bushy (Iron Butterfly) dies

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/21 at 4:54 am

This leaves organist Doug Ingle as the only surviving band member who played on IAGDV.  :\'(

Guitarist Eric Brann (born: Rick Davis) was only 17 when IAGDV was recorded, and he checked out in 2003 due to a congenital heart ailment.
Bassist Lee Dorman bit it back in 2012, found deceased in his car from natural causes.

Check for new replies or respond here...