inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding dies aged 39

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/21 at 12:17 pm

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, 39, who had breast cancer, died on Sunday morning, her mother has said.

Harding revealed in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.

Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright, shining star".

Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.

Her Girls Aloud bandmates Nicola Roberts and Nadine Coyle led the tributes on social media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58456170

Subject: Re: Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding dies aged 39

Written By: nally on 09/06/21 at 3:06 pm

39...that's way too young to pass on. :\'( It's even sadder that she had breast cancer.

A female friend of mine had also been diagnosed with breast cancer in her early thirties, and she ended up kicking the bucket four years ago, on my 37th birthday; she was only 33. :\'( (For the record, she would have turned 38 this past Friday.)

Subject: Re: Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding dies aged 39

Written By: whistledog on 09/06/21 at 10:48 pm

This one hurts.  I was a Girls Aloud fan.  5 attractive ladies singing catchy poppy/dance songs?  Yes please!

R.I.P.

Check for new replies or respond here...