inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Constantine runs out of Windex

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/09/21 at 3:25 am

https://deadline.com/2021/09/michael-constantine-dead-my-big-fat-greek-wedding-patriarch-was-94-obituary-1234829301/

Gus was (one of) my favorite characters in that movie. My great-grandmother was actually Greek.

Constantine was also in The Hustler (with Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason), Don't Drink the Water (also with Gleason), Voyage of the Damned (not Village), Prancer (as Santa Claus), and Stephen King's Thinner.

Subject: Re: Michael Constantine runs out of Windex

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/21 at 9:38 am

Don't forget what is possibly his greatest claim to fame. The role of high school principal Seymour Kaufman on "Room 222" (1969-1974), for which he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 1970. That's certainly when he came into my frame of reference.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/09/21 at 4:55 pm

Don't forget what is possibly his greatest claim to fame. The role of high school principal Seymour Kaufman on "Room 222" (1969-1974), for which he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 1970. That's certainly when he came into my frame of reference.

With the lovely Karen Valentine.  :-*

https://www.nj.com/resizer/_qO8umF5LTpLajt3FjvROPBuimo=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width2048/img/entertainment_impact/photo/13640284-large.jpg

Written By: nally on 09/09/21 at 10:26 pm

Apparently he died on Tuesday of last week. :\'(

I didn't see the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but I do know his name. RIP Mike, you lived a good long life.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/09/21 at 11:22 pm

I liked him in My Big Fat Greek Wedding and several small parts on many favorite TV shows - he'll be missed    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Michael Constantine

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/10/21 at 1:19 am

Yes, he won an Emmy for Room 222. He also appeared in episodes of several shows, including three of The Fugitive.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/21 at 1:11 pm

I remember him from Room 222.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/15/21 at 12:22 pm

At least we still have Karen and Denise Nicholas from Room 222. And I'm sure that most of the students are still with us. RIP, Principal Kaufman.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/15/21 at 4:49 pm

At least we still have Karen and Denise Nicholas from Room 222. And I'm sure that most of the students are still with us. RIP, Principal Kaufman.

You thinking maybe a reunion episode? ???

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/18/21 at 2:48 pm

You thinking maybe a reunion episode? ???

I don't know how, since Hari Rhodes died earlier, but a half-reunion would be doable.

Check for new replies or respond here...