inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Astro (Terence Wilson) Finishes His Red Red Wine

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/21 at 4:01 am

Legendary UB40 founding member Astro (real name, Terence Wilson) has passed away at the age of 64 from what has been described as a short illness.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/07/entertainment/astro-terence-wilson-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Wilson was part of the reggae band for more than 30 years, before leaving to join breakaway group UB40 featuring Ali Campbell and Astro in 2013.

Subject: Re: Astro (Terence Wilson) Finishes His Red Red Wine

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/21 at 9:06 am

So sad 🥺

Written By: nally on 11/07/21 at 10:54 am

Very sad indeed. :\'(

I think he was the one who performed the freestyle rap vocals on "Red Red Wine" (that is, the long outro).

Written By: whistledog on 11/10/21 at 4:30 am

Very sad indeed. :\'(

I think he was the one who performed the freestyle rap vocals on "Red Red Wine" (that is, the long outro).

Yes.  From what I understand, Neil Diamond liked that so much, he incorporates it into his shows when he sings Red Red Wine

Sad news, the passing of Astro.  He had left UB40 in 2013 to join ex-lead singer Ali Campbell and keyboardist Mickey Virtue in their own version of UB40 titled UB40 featuring Ali, Astro and Mickey.  In 2018, Virtue left, leaving Ali and Astro a duo, so I wonder if Ali will continue with the UB40 name or just go solo

The other UB40 is still going but it's not the same without all original members

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/10/21 at 4:59 am

Yes.  From what I understand, Neil Diamond liked that so much, he incorporates it into his shows when he sings Red Red Wine

Sad news, the passing of Astro.  He had left UB40 in 2013 to join ex-lead singer Ali Campbell and keyboardist Mickey Virtue in their own version of UB40 titled UB40 featuring Ali, Astro and Mickey.  In 2018, Virtue left, leaving Ali and Astro a duo, so I wonder if Ali will continue with the UB40 name or just go solo

He could tour as UB40 Featuring Ali.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...