inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dean Stockwell Takes His Final Quantum Leap

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/10/21 at 5:08 am

Legendary actor with a career spanning over 7 decades, Dean Stockwell, has passed away at the age of 85.  :\'(

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dean-stockwell-dead-quantum-leap-star-1234870413/

He started out way back in ‘45 as a child actor in Anchors Aweigh! and never stopped working since.

He also guested on TV shows such as Bonanza, Wagon Train, Dr. Kildare, The F.B.I., Mission: Impossible, Night Gallery, Columbo, Police Story, Hart to Hart, The A-Team, Miami Vice and even Murder, She Wrote. And he reached legend-me status for his work in Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula, as well as a 5-year stint on Battlestar Gigantica.  8)

Subject: Re: Dean Stockwell Takes His Final Quantum Leap

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/21 at 2:25 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 11/10/21 at 2:30 pm

How sad. My mother use to watch Quantum Leap.

May he rest in peace now.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/21 at 2:34 pm

So sad!

It was "Quantum Leap" (and BTTF) that inspired my son into the liking of time-travelling movies.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/10/21 at 3:43 pm

A screenplay he wrote (but never got made) called "After The Goldrush" was also the inspiration for the famous Neil Young song and album of the same name.

A a child in 1948 he was also the star of a rather unique movie called "The Boy With Green Hair".

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51YKiwGadVL._SY445_.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/21 at 4:30 pm

A screenplay he wrote (but never got made) called "After The Goldrush" was also the inspiration for the famous Neil Young song and album of the same name.

A a child in 1948 he was also the star of a rather unique movie called "The Boy With Green Hair".

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51YKiwGadVL._SY445_.jpg

I saw there-or at least part of it a long, long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away). I don't remember too much of it. I should check it out again.

Cat

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 11/10/21 at 7:03 pm

Interesting.  I didn't know that.  I always sort of assumed the song was inspired by Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End.

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 11/10/21 at 7:16 pm

He also starred in one of my favorite bad movies, the made-for-TV adaptation of Stephen King's "The Langoliers"

19J1Jle0muI

RIP Dean Stockwell.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/21 at 4:09 am

Legendary actor with a career spanning over 7 decades, Dean Stockwell, has passed away at the age of 85.  :\'(

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dean-stockwell-dead-quantum-leap-star-1234870413/

He started out way back in ‘45 as a child actor in Anchors Aweigh! and never stopped working since.

He also guested on TV shows such as Bonanza, Wagon Train, Dr. Kildare, The F.B.I., Mission: Impossible, Night Gallery, Columbo, Police Story, Hart to Hart, The A-Team, Miami Vice and even Murder, She Wrote. And he reached legend-me status for his work in Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula, as well as a 5-year stint on Battlestar Gigantica.  8)

RIP Dean Stockwell. :(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 11/11/21 at 8:42 pm

Lovers of Dean and QL can join us here: upload.facebook.com/groups/quantumleapfans

Check for new replies or respond here...