inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finale for Stephen Sondheim

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/21 at 5:24 pm

Legendary Broadway composer Stephen Sondheim, perhaps known best for providing the lyrics to West Side Story, has scored his final act at the age of 91.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2021/11/26/broadway-legend-stephen-sondheim-dead-at-91/

”Considered the greatest composer and lyricist of the 20th century, Sondheim worked on legendary productions like “Company” (1970), “Follies” (1971), “A Little Night Music” (1973), “Pacific Overtures” (1976), “Sweeney Todd” (1979), “Merrily We Roll Along” (1981), “Sunday in the Park With George” (1984) and “Into the Woods” (1987)”.

Subject: Re: Finale for Stephen Sondheim

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/21 at 5:44 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart for Company. Worked on a production of it when I did summer stock when I was 17. I was "production assistant." In other words, I was the gofer to the stage manager. I also worked back stage during the performance.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/27/21 at 3:28 am

Legendary Broadway composer Stephen Sondheim, perhaps known best for providing the lyrics to West Side Story, has scored his final act at the age of 91.  :\'(

”Considered the greatest composer and lyricist of the 20th century, Sondheim worked on legendary productions like “Company” (1970), “Follies” (1971), “A Little Night Music” (1973), “Pacific Overtures” (1976), “Sweeney Todd” (1979), “Merrily We Roll Along” (1981), “Sunday in the Park With George” (1984) and “Into the Woods” (1987)”.

RIP Stephen  :\'(

Written By: nally on 11/27/21 at 11:15 am

Yup, heard about this last night on the news.

R.I.P. Mr. Sondheim :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/21 at 6:09 am

I was saddened with this news, for he is the lyricist of my favourite musical "West Side Story".

R.I.P. Mr. Stephen Sondheim

I am wondering did he get to see Steven Spielberg's remake of "West Side Story", which has been in the can since December 2019, and is due for it's delayed release next month, which by coincidence falls around the 60th anniversary of the original movie back in 1961.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/21 at 6:59 am

The lights in London's West End will be dimmed as theatres pay tribute to legendary US composer and songwriter Stephen Sondheim who has died aged 91.

The composer and lyricist, famous for creating the musical Sweeney Todd, was described as one of theatre's "greatest geniuses" after his death on Friday.

The lights will be dimmed for two minutes at 19:00 GMT on Monday.

Sir Cameron Mackintosh said the world had "lost one of its greatest and most original writers".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/21 at 2:26 pm

I am not one for crying over celebrities but I have to admit, I have shed a few tears over the last couple of days over the GREAT Stephen Sondheim. I totally feel the loss.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...