inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Paul Mitchell Floats Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/21 at 6:26 pm

Paul Mitchell, singer with the legendary 1970s R&B group The Floaters has passed away. I don’t have much in the way of more detail at this time.  :\'(

The Floaters burst on the scene with their classic and smoooooth performance of their 1977 signature hit, Float On, which dominated the R&B charts of its day.  8)

HZklwTGZutc

” Leo and my name is Paul
You see I like all women of the world
You see to me all women are wild flowers
And if you understand what I'm sayin
I want you to

Mmm, take my hand
Come with me, baby, to Love Land
Let me show you how sweet it could be
Sharing love with me, I want you to

Float, float on…”

Lyrics from a long gone era. Somewhere along the line, crooning like this got displaced by rappers shouting about b*tches and hoes and what they would like to do to them.  ::)

He is not to be confused with the Paul Mitchell who hawked all sorts of hair care products. THAT Paul Mitchell bit it way back in 1989 :-\\.

Subject: Re: Paul Mitchell Floats Away

Written By: nally on 12/20/21 at 8:56 pm

R.I.P to Paul :\'(

I had heard of his band The Floaters and their song “Float On,” but I did not realize that one of the members shared his name with a shampoo guy. Well, as I always say, you learn something new every day!

Written By: Howard on 12/21/21 at 7:25 am

Paul Mitchell, singer with the legendary 1970s R&B group The Floaters has passed away. I don’t have much in the way of more detail at this time.  :\'(

The Floaters burst on the scene with their classic and smoooooth performance of their 1977 signature hit, Float On, which dominated the R&B charts of its day.  8)

HZklwTGZutc

” Leo and my name is Paul
You see I like all women of the world
You see to me all women are wild flowers
And if you understand what I'm sayin
I want you to

Mmm, take my hand
Come with me, baby, to Love Land
Let me show you how sweet it could be
Sharing love with me, I want you to

Float, float on…”

Lyrics from a long gone era. Somewhere along the line, crooning like this got displaced by rappers shouting about b*tches and hoes and what they would like to do to them.  ::)

He is not to be confused with the Paul Mitchell who hawked all sorts of hair care products. THAT Paul Mitchell bit it way back in 1989 :-\\.

RIP Paul Mitchell, I love the song "Float On". :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/23/21 at 11:29 pm

"Float On" was a huge hit at the time of my H. S. Graduation - sad to hear  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Paul Mitchell

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/24/21 at 6:25 am

Virgo… and my name is Lyric Boy. 🎶

You don’t see classy synchronized dancing like this any more.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...