inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Betty White Leaves the Cast at 99

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/31/21 at 1:41 pm

TMZ is reporting that legendary comedic actress Betty White has passed away just short of her 100th birthday.  :\'(

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/betty-white-dead-dies-golden-girls/

Her breakout comedic role came in 1973 when she played Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" ... which ran until 1977, and then she got her starring role in "The Betty White Show."

With 115 acting credits to her name, Betty had roles in productions like "Life with Elizabeth," "Date with the Angels," "The Love Boat," "Mama's Family," "The Golden Palace," "Ladies Man," "That '70s Show," "Higglytown Heroes," "Boston Legal," "The Bold and the Beautiful," "Pound Puppies," "Hot in Cleveland," and many, many, many other shows and films.  8)

Subject: Re: Betty White Leaves the Cast at 99

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/21 at 1:48 pm

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

She was supposed to hit the BIG ONE-ZERO-ZERO!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

So sad. The world has lost such a beautiful soul.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Wink-182 on 12/31/21 at 1:57 pm

Damn, just right before her 100th birthday. Condolences to her family, may she rest in peace.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/31/21 at 2:15 pm

Whether at 99 or 100, Betty White had a long, distinguished showbiz career and was loved by all who knew her. She will be missed.  :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/31/21 at 2:59 pm

A true legend.  Although she had already been around far longer, I recall in the 60s Betty White was always around on game shows and hosting TV parades. That kind of thing. She was a household name, but when she got the unexpected role of "Sue Ann Nivens" on the Mary Tyler Moore Show in the early 70s, she turned heads and her career went through the roof. She was recognized as an actress rather than a "television personality". Everybody got a kick out of it because people didn't expect sweet, parade-hosting Betty White to have such a saucy role. Nobody can ask for a longer, more successful career (and life) than hers.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/31/21 at 3:14 pm

She was a legend.  And was the longest living cast member of The Golden Girls and the Mary Tyler Moore Show.  She kept right on kicking some serious ass until the very end.

Written By: nally on 12/31/21 at 7:46 pm

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

She was supposed to hit the BIG ONE-ZERO-ZERO!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

So sad. The world has lost such a beautiful soul.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

My thoughts exactly. :\'( :\'( :\'(

Just seventeen days too soon.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/31/21 at 8:30 pm

Really disappointed she won’t see 100 :( I heard she was in good health and spirits just a few days ago…

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/01/22 at 12:14 am

So sad to hear this - she was terrific and will be greatly missed    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Betty White

Written By: Howard on 01/01/22 at 4:00 am

I'm so sad, I thought she would live to 100, It's upsetting that all 3 members of The Golden Girls are now deceased.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/22 at 4:47 am

I'm so sad, I thought she would live to 100, It's upsetting that all 3 members of The Golden Girls are now deceased.  :\'(

Along with Herb Edelman.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/01/22 at 11:15 am

The news really sucked to hear, and especially on the last day of 2021 when basically everyone thought that she was gonna be a centenarian. But she'll also remain a true legend forever.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/22 at 4:05 am

The news really sucked to hear, and especially on the last day of 2021 when basically everyone thought that she was gonna be a centenarian. But she'll also remain a true legend forever.

Yesterday I was just reading a magazine about how she feels about turning 100 years old. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/22 at 7:04 pm

Larry Storch of F Troop fame is one year and six days away from hitting 100.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/22 at 4:23 pm

I heard there is a campaign going for people to donate to their local animal shelter/rescue origination on January 17th (Betty's 100 birthday) in Betty's name-even if it is only $5. Even though I already make a monthly donation to my local Humane Society, I will be making another donation.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/22 at 10:15 pm

My introduction to Betty White was Mama's Family.  I loved that show, and then I would see her as a panelist on several 80s game shows including Super Password and the $25,000 and $100,000 versions of Pyramid with Dick Clark. 

Along with Herb Edelman.

Don't forget Richard Mulligan and Harold Gould

Written By: Howard on 01/05/22 at 3:26 am

My introduction to Betty White was Mama's Family.  I loved that show, and then I would see her as a panelist on several 80s game shows including Super Password and the $25,000 and $100,000 versions of Pyramid with Dick Clark. 

mine was The Golden Girls.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/06/22 at 8:07 pm

My first introduction to Betty White was as Sue Anne Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore Show, in case anybody is wondering I used to watch the reruns on TV after it ended.  Then on Mama's Family which also introduced me to Rue McClanahan, and then The Golden Girls and Golden Palace.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/22 at 2:57 pm

Here’s a link to Betty’s Find-A-Grave page: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235442009/betty-white

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/22 at 6:21 pm

Fox News reports that Betty suffered a stroke 6 days before she expired.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...