inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BREAKING: Bob Saget dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/09/22 at 7:05 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bob-saget-full-house-star-and-comedian-dies-at-65/ar-AASBmOW

Total shock! RIP.

Subject: Re: BREAKING: Bob Saget dies

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/09/22 at 7:15 pm

Man, this one really hit me where I live. I saw him do a set just a few years ago. RIP, Z”L and all that.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/09/22 at 7:19 pm

What a shock!  So sad to hear this    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Bob Saget

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/09/22 at 7:35 pm

I have fond memories of Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos. More recently, I saw him on The Masked Singer and Nickelodeon's Unfiltered. I never did get around to watching Fuller House, but the good news is Netflix originals tend to stay up a while.

AFV is new tonight and airing right now in my time zone. I wonder if they'll do a dedication.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 01/09/22 at 7:43 pm

First of the main Full House cast to die.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 01/09/22 at 7:43 pm

This is completely shocking. RIP to Bob Saget :\'(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/09/22 at 8:12 pm

First of the main Full House cast to die.

I also think he's the first Masked Singer to die.

No dedication on AFV that I saw.

Apparently, there was a dedication at the beginning in the East Coast.

https://tvline.com/2022/01/09/bob-saget-dies-abc-news-video-interrupts-americas-funniest-home-videos/

Subject: BREAKING: Bob Saget leaves the Full House

Written By: nally on 01/09/22 at 8:20 pm

Completely shocking indeed!! :\'(

I remember him very well on Full House as well as hosting AFHV for its first several seasons.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/09/22 at 9:08 pm

Holy crap.

I don't expect people to usually die as young as he was.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/10/22 at 12:08 am

65, that's wayy too young to die!

Written By: Howard on 01/10/22 at 3:44 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bob-saget-full-house-star-and-comedian-dies-at-65/ar-AASBmOW

Total shock! RIP.

That was a shock to me, 65 is too young to die, I will miss him, I always loved Full House. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/22 at 4:40 am

Found dead in a hotel room.  That’s never good.  :-\\

Written By: andersenb11775 on 01/10/22 at 6:29 am

There are very few shows with a complete main cast left, even from 15, 20 years ago.

Written By: Wink-182 on 01/10/22 at 9:40 am

I found out at work last night in the breakroom from a friend, I didn't believe him at first but seemingly minutes later I sadly found it to be true. Shocked and saddened me to my core, 65 isn't exactly old age either, and so much out of nowhere too. RIP.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/22 at 10:37 am

There are very few shows with a complete main cast left, even from 15, 20 years ago.

At least Full House has not had the fallout rate of Diff’rent Strokes or Hogan’s Heroes.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/10/22 at 12:18 pm

The police in Florida say that there was no foul play or drugs involved in Bob's death.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/10/22 at 1:19 pm

I hope they cremate him, there's no way Danny Tanner would want to spend eternity under all that dirt!
Well, that's probably what his best bud Joey would say. Bob was a far nicer guy in real life than he was on stage. You'll be missed!

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/22 at 1:21 pm

This is such a shocker.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/22 at 6:22 pm

The police in Florida say that there was no foul play or drugs involved in Bob's death.

No “sign” of fowl play or drugs. The deceased has been transported to the medical examiner’s office to determine cause of death.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/22 at 6:22 pm

I hope they cremate him, there's no way Danny Tanner would want to spend eternity under all that dirt!
Well, that's probably what his best bud Joey would say. Bob was a far nicer guy in real life than he was on stage. You'll be missed!

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Instead of creamation, he could be “aquamated” like Bishop Desmond Tutu was.

Subject: Re: BREAKING: Bob Saget leaves the Full House

Written By: nally on 01/10/22 at 11:06 pm

I've been hearing those same reports as well. I hope someone finds out what killed him.

The deceased has been transported to the medical examiner’s office to determine cause of death.  :-\\

In fact, they're working on it right now, according to a recent CNN article. Said article indicates the studies may take a long while to fully complete.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/22 at 3:35 am

He was supposed to go on stage for a comedy show.  :\'(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 01/11/22 at 12:51 pm

Peter Butterworth, from the famous British “Carry On” film series did die of a heart attack in 1979 while on a theatre tour. Sometimes, a heart attack is just a heart attack.

Written By: nally on 01/11/22 at 7:58 pm

Peter Butterworth, from the famous British “Carry On” film series did die of a heart attack in 1979 while on a theatre tour. Sometimes, a heart attack is just a heart attack.

That could be Bob’s cause of death too :-\\

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/12/22 at 4:39 am

My mom thinks that Bob might have had a heart attack.  Hopefully it wasn't chemically induced but something in my heart tells me that it wasn't that.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/22 at 4:56 am

Sometimes, a heart attack is just a heart attack.

And sometimes it isn’t.  :-\\ Let’s see what the coroner has to say. At least it appears to not have been Covid, unless there’s a new weird variant out there.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/13/22 at 11:41 am

Confirmed he died peacefully in his sleep. Most likely a heart attack or stroke.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/14/22 at 12:41 am

Confirmed he died peacefully in his sleep. Most likely a heart attack or stroke.

No COVID 19 or anything like that?

Written By: Contigo on 01/14/22 at 10:09 am

No COVID 19 or anything like that?

I hope not.

I am amazed and quite disturbed as to how many recent celeb deaths have articles over the net that say either
1) (Insert celebrity name) got their booster shot and died from it. The vaccine is a killer!
or
2) (Insert celebrity name) died from covid because they chose not to get any vaccine. If they had a vaccine they'd still be with us.

We all gotta be very careful and somewhat discerning as to what we read in the news.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/26/22 at 11:44 am

Full House and Funniest Home Videos were shows I regularly watched back in the day. Fond childhood memories, RIP.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/22 at 7:22 pm

LATEST DEVELOPMENT:

Mr. Saget’s family has stated that the cause of his death was head trauma.  :o

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/bob-saget-cause-death-head-trauma-1235090316/amp/

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/09/22 at 9:37 pm

LATEST DEVELOPMENT:

Mr. Saget’s family has stated that the cause of his death was head trauma.  :o

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/bob-saget-cause-death-head-trauma-1235090316/amp/

Well. I'm glad that the family decided to release the cause of death instead of hearing it through some gossipy BS tabloid.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/10/22 at 4:24 am

Sounds like he hit his head, thought nothing of it, and went to sleep.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/22 at 4:58 am

Or… somebody perhaps whacked him upside the head and got outta there.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 5:01 am

Could had been an injury from a fall, even within the safety of his own home?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/22 at 5:07 am

Could had been an injury from a fall, even within the safety of his own home?

That’s what the news stories would like us to believe (at the hotel but not home).

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/10/22 at 5:24 am

That’s what the news stories would like us to believe (at the hotel but not home).

Don’t you ever get tired of conspiratorial nonsense?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/22 at 5:27 am

Don’t you ever get tired of conspiratorial nonsense?

Well “we think he hit his head on something and didn’t think anything of it” is a bit of a stretch.

Without any evidence to support that theory, just conjecture, it has as much credibility as the “got whacked upside the head” possibility. They may as well said that he poked his head out the window for a breath of fresh air and got smacked upside the head by a passing turkey vulture.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 6:20 am

Well “we think he hit his head on something and didn’t think anything of it” is a bit of a stretch.

Without any evidence to support that theory, just conjecture, it has as much credibility as the “got whacked upside the head” possibility. They may as well said that he poked his head out the window for a breath of fresh air and got smacked upside the head by a passing turkey vulture.
Are his movements and places visited of the previous day's known?

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/10/22 at 8:13 am

Blunt head trauma from an attacker would be incredibly obvious, the coroner would not have missed that. And his own family does not have reason to lie; if there was any suspicion of foul play, they would have requested an investigation to be opened - or if the attacker were known, they'd immediately be pressing charges.

Like, I get that you distrust the media and I'm not going to convince you otherwise. But it stretches the limits of credulity to believe his own family would lie about the cause of death.

Plus, sheesh happens when you're old. Falling down stairs can be harmful to someone in their 20s, and mortally dangerous to someone in their 60s or older.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/22 at 2:25 pm

Don't think would be that stupid to do that to him.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/10/22 at 2:28 pm

And he didn't wake up the next day!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/22 at 6:10 pm

When I read this in the Washington Post, it reminded me of Natasha Richardson.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I remember when I was a kid, we had a rule in our house. If you hit/bumped your head, you had to stay up at least an hour.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/10/22 at 7:53 pm

And he didn't wake up the next day!

Something had to have hit him in one way or another...

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/11/22 at 12:27 am

When I read this in the Washington Post, it reminded me of Natasha Richardson.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I remember when I was a kid, we had a rule in our house. If you hit/bumped your head, you had to stay up at least an hour.

Cat

I can remember the first time that I hit my head.  I was in a day care setting and they had a swing set which you had to hook on the swings and stuff on to the A-Frame and I was swinging up and down and I guess I went backward and the swing went forward and I flew backward off of the swing and I landed head first on the cement.  That was a doozey of a fall and I was very sleepy after that my mother decided that it was serious enough to take me to the emergency room at the Hospital for Sick Children and the whole time we were driving to the hospital she was yelling at me to not go to sleep.  Because she knew that if I had a concussion and I went to sleep that I would never wake up again.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/22 at 7:03 am

Cat

When you wind up with a head bump, always trying try to keep your head up and put a cold compass on it to take the swelling down and never go to sleep cause you'll never wake up.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/12/22 at 2:13 am

The ER doctor that was on call the next day gave me breakfast that wasn't something that I would get at home.  A mini box of Shreddies, milk, and orange juice.  To me that was a treat. After that the doctor thought that I was ready to go home and we went home.
Another thing that I remember doing was when we got home, the very first thing I did was lie down in the middle of the hall way where the closet was and I started to laugh quite uncontrollably and I didn't even know why I was laughing in the first place? I think that it was because I was in the home setting because I hadn't been home for 24 hours.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/13/22 at 4:57 pm

This article quotes several healthbexperts as stating that the nature of Mr. Saget’s head injuries was severe and the result of multiple head fractures usually seen in 'high force injuries'…

https://www.foxnews.com/health/bob-sagets-autopsy-report-cause-death-head-fractures

” The outlet posted the autopsy report, which said Saget suffered multiple fractures stretching from the back to the front of the skull and along the eye sockets. It also revealed there was bleeding across both sides of his brain. The Daily Mail cited one report in which a doctor said the injuries in the autopsy appeared consistent with a blow to the skull with a baseball bat or falling 20 to 30 feet.”

Written By: nally on 02/13/22 at 9:12 pm

This article quotes several healthbexperts as stating that the nature of Mr. Saget’s head injuries was severe and the result of multiple head fractures usually seen in 'high force injuries'…

https://www.foxnews.com/health/bob-sagets-autopsy-report-cause-death-head-fractures

” The outlet posted the autopsy report, which said Saget suffered multiple fractures stretching from the back to the front of the skull and along the eye sockets. It also revealed there was bleeding across both sides of his brain. The Daily Mail cited one report in which a doctor said the injuries in the autopsy appeared consistent with a blow to the skull with a baseball bat or falling 20 to 30 feet.”

That is kinda bizarre (for lack of a better word). :o And at the same time, very sad. :\'(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 02/14/22 at 2:00 am

The autopsy revelations of How severe Mister Saget's injuries were - brings back what was done to Bob Crane of Hogan's Heroes. The doctors quoted in the media are right, you don't get these injuries in a simple accident, someone must have wanted Mister Saget out of the way permanently. But, who? And, why?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/14/22 at 4:58 am

The autopsy revelations of How severe Mister Saget's injuries were - brings back what was done to Bob Crane of Hogan's Heroes. The doctors quoted in the media are right, you don't get these injuries in a simple accident, someone must have wanted Mister Saget out of the way permanently. But, who? And, why?

As I recall, Mr. Crane was bludgeoned with a camera tripod. The killer is still at large, as the main suspect was exonerated in a trial years after the murder.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/14/22 at 5:29 am

Well, I stand corrected. Sounds like the examiner and sheriff's office misinformed the family, which is most unfortunate.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/14/22 at 2:15 pm

His skull was cracked all the way open along the ociperal lobe and the temporal lobe of his head.  The coroner said that he could have smacked his head any number of ways. 

--The frame of his car door.
--The trunk door of his car
--The marble table in his hotel room
--The shower wand in his bathroom

I mean he was definitely tall enough, 6 ft 2 in, so he could have hit his head on just about anything?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/14/22 at 3:05 pm

His skull was cracked all the way open along the ociperal lobe and the temporal lobe of his head.  The coroner said that he could have smacked his head any number of ways. 

I mean he was definitely tall enough, 6 ft 2 in, so he could have hit his head on just about anything?

Heck of a shower wand.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/14/22 at 7:23 pm

I mean, maybe. He apparently had multiple prescription drugs in his system at the time which are known to cause seizures. Seizures can easily get you injured in incredibly harmful and even fatal ways.

I think the key here is maybe not to jump to conclusions; we just need to wait until all of the information is out, rather than giving into the temptation of conspiratorial thinking.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/14/22 at 7:26 pm

I mean, maybe. He apparently had multiple prescription drugs in his system at the time which are known to cause seizures. Seizures can easily get you injured in incredibly harmful and even fatal ways.

I think the key here is maybe not to jump to conclusions; we just need to wait until all of the information is out, rather than giving into the temptation of conspiratorial thinking.

Perhaps he was woozy from the meds, fainted, and then fell back onto a baseball bat.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/22 at 3:38 am

Or he could've been suffering from dizzy spells.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/15/22 at 4:15 am

Perhaps he was woozy from the meds, fainted, and then fell back onto a baseball bat.

All of this only underscores the importance of waiting until all information is available before jumping to conclusions.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/17/22 at 1:31 am

All of this only underscores the importance of waiting until all information is available before jumping to conclusions.

We may never know exactly what happened because the family got a temporary court injunction that prevents the police department and the medical examiner from releasing those autopsy photos to the media.  And I don't blame them one little bit because that would cause irreparable harm to his wife and his daughters!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2022/02/15/bob-saget-kelly-rizzo-daughters-lawsuit-death-investigation-records/6806549001/

Who does that in the first place?

Written By: Howard on 02/17/22 at 3:15 am

We may never know exactly what happened because the family got a temporary court injunction that prevents the police department and the medical examiner from releasing those autopsy photos to the media.  And I don't blame them one little bit because that would cause irreparable harm to his wife and his daughters!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2022/02/15/bob-saget-kelly-rizzo-daughters-lawsuit-death-investigation-records/6806549001/

We may never know if someone did this to him or he accidentally did it himself.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/22 at 4:33 am

I smell cover-up.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/17/22 at 4:36 am

I smell cover-up.

I smell family who doesn't want to keep being harassed by crazy conspiracy theorists. The loss of their patriarch is probably painful enough without legions of idiots howling, "Oh, SoMeBoDy MuRdErEd HiM!!11"

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/22 at 5:10 am

I smell family who doesn't want to keep being harassed by crazy conspiracy theorists. The loss of their patriarch is probably painful enough without legions of idiots howling, "Oh, SoMeBoDy MuRdErEd HiM!!11"

Well if the investigators would do a thorough investigation then there would not be the speculation.

Instead they whiffed and said “he musta hit his head on something and went to bed”. Quincy, M. E. woulda been all over this case until he found out what happened.

Tell you what… I am an acquaintance of a nationally-known forensic pathologist who regularly gets called in on high profile cases. Next time I see him (might not be till this summer) I’ll get his take on this case.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/17/22 at 10:48 am

Well if the investigators would do a thorough investigation then there would not be the speculation.

Instead they whiffed and said “he musta hit his head on something and went to bed”. Quincy, M. E. woulda been all over this case until he found out what happened.

Tell you what… I am an acquaintance of a nationally-known forensic pathologist who regularly gets called in on high profile cases. Next time I see him (might not be till this summer) I’ll get his take on this case.

Which would be a great idea...if your friend had access to all of the evidence. Which, it seems, nobody but the coroner and sheriff do at this time. Professionals know better than to offer conjecture without having all of the evidence. That's why asking your uncle the doctor results in him saying to make an appointment with someone and asking your brother the lawyer a legal question results in being told to request a consultation from an attorney.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/17/22 at 2:21 pm

Yeah, I know.  The conspiracy theories that are coming out? I mean leave his widow and his daughters alone.  They need time to heal and make sure that they're going to be okay.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/22 at 5:42 pm

Which would be a great idea...if your friend had access to all of the evidence. Which, it seems, nobody but the coroner and sheriff do at this time. Professionals know better than to offer conjecture without having all of the evidence.

My boy usually has access to the evidence. In all likelihood you’ve seen him many times on TV or in court testifying. He’s pretty much the patriarch of Medical Examiners in the US.  8)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/18/22 at 2:17 am

I smell cover-up.

No, it's a family consisting of a widowed step-mother and 3 stepdaughters who want to keep the everything private so that they may heal from this traumatic experience.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/18/22 at 8:06 am

My boy usually has access to the evidence. In all likelihood you’ve seen him many times on TV or in court testifying. He’s pretty much the patriarch of Medical Examiners in the US.  8)

I'll reserve my judgment for whether he has access to (keyword: all) of the evidence, especially a sufficient amount of evidence necessary to form a competent opinion on the matter, but I am genuinely curious to hear what he has to say, if he is indeed considered an expert in the field.

What I can't and won't tolerate is quackery, as that's no better than an uninformed lay opinion anyway (and often worse since it's given in the guise of an authoritative opinion).

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/22 at 1:14 pm

I'll reserve my judgment for whether he has access to (keyword: all) of the evidence, especially a sufficient amount of evidence necessary to form a competent opinion on the matter, but I am genuinely curious to hear what he has to say, if he is indeed considered an expert in the field.

What I can't and won't tolerate is quackery, as that's no better than an uninformed lay opinion anyway (and often worse since it's given in the guise of an authoritative opinion).

And here it is. Turns out my boy is calling for a proper autopsy and investigation.

https://radaronline.com/p/bob-saget-autopsy-questions-accidential-death-forsenic-expert-actor-head-injury-tramua-exhumed/

As to his credentials, he’s done roughy 17,000 autopsies over the years. He has vociferously disagreed with the findings of the Warren Commission in JFK’s assassination. And yes, he had access to ALL of the evidence/files except for JFK’s brain which was conveniently lost. He was the first civilian granted access to the evidence.  Cyril was the guy who discovered that the brain was missing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Wecht

I’m sure that if anybody would want to voir dire this expert witness, they’ll be more than satisfied.

By the way he turns 91 years old next month and his mind is as sharp as ever.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/15/22 at 5:18 am

Bob Saget’s family has gotten a permanent injunction approved, which prevents the release of various investigation materials into the comedian’s death.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/entertainment/bob-saget-injunction/index.html

:-X

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/15/22 at 3:33 pm

Bob Saget’s family has gotten a permanent injunction approved, which prevents the release of various investigation materials into the comedian’s death.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/entertainment/bob-saget-injunction/index.html

:-X

It's not good to see all of this stuff in the media.  I hope that nobody breaches this court injunction.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/22 at 6:12 am

27 scene photos were released last week, of the hotel room where Mr. Saget was staying the night that he expired.

https://okmagazine.com/p/john-stamos-throwback-bob-saget-hotel-room-photos/

Looking at the photos as well as what public documents he’s reviewed, legendary forensic pathologist Dr.  Yield Wecht is still of the opinion that there’s no way the extensive injuries were caused by a simple fall. He says the only way to know for sure would be to exhume the body and do a forensic autopsy, an outcome he admits at this point is unlikely.

https://okmagazine.com/p/bob-saget-body-exhumed-forensic-pathologist-declares-did-not-die-fall/

Upon reviewing the newly released evidence, Dr. Wecht — who is one of the world's leading forensic pathologists/lawyers — concluded: “The photographs substantiate very firmly my belief that there is NO WAY that he could’ve sustained the multiplicity, and anatomical variations, of all those head injuries by striking his head on the floor or against the headboard.”

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/18/22 at 6:47 pm

Sorry guys.  :-Dr. Cyril Wecht (The Godfather of forensic pathology in the USA) but did not have a good chance to get his opinion re: the Bob Saget case. (Did not want to come off as a fanboy).

Hopefully in a few months I’ll be at another one of these events and hopefully will have the chance to ask him.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/19/22 at 5:37 am

Sorry guys.  :-Dr. Cyril Wecht (The Godfather of forensic pathology in the USA) but did not have a good chance to get his opinion re: the Bob Saget case. (Did not want to come off as a fanboy).

Hopefully in a few months I’ll be at another one of these events and hopefully will have the chance to ask him.

Please do. Understand that I don’t necessarily disbelieve that there may have been foul play, at least if confirmed by an expert in the field. I’m just so sick and tired of everyone immediately leaping to conspiracy and intrigue. It doesn’t come off as intelligent, but in fact the opposite. Best to wait until all the facts are available so one can make an informed assessment.

Check for new replies or respond here...