inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No more Life with Louie

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/21/22 at 5:36 pm

https://deadline.com/2022/01/louie-anderson-dead-obituary-comedian-baskets-family-feud-emmy-winner-1234917040/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/henry-winkler-howie-mandel-gilbert-gottfried-and-more-stars-react-to-louie-anderson-s-death/ar-AAT12lk?cvid=15adba11728b407082779aa3caee13b0&ocid=winp1taskbar

Comedian, actor, host of Family Feud, and star of Life with Louie and Baskets has died from NH lymphoma. He was 68. He won two Emmys for Life with Louie and one for his gender-bending role as Zach Galifianakis's mother on Baskets.

He was also a celebrity game show fixture on the syndicated Funny You Should Ask. He himself was the first person to host the revived Family Feud in 1999, succeeding Richard Dawson (himself returning to host after Ray Combs). He was followed by Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, and Steve Harvey. Anderson also appeared on Byron Allen's syndicated Comics Unleashed. (I stand corrected. He never appeared on the show.)

Subject: Re: No more Life with Louie

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/21/22 at 6:04 pm

He himself was the first person to host the revived Family Feud in 1999, succeeding Richard Dawson (himself returning to host after Ray Combs). He was followed by Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, and Steve Harvey. Anderson also appeared on Byron Allen's syndicated Comics Unleashed.

If I were Richard Karn, I’d be careful. The previous 3 hosts are now expired.  :-\\

Subject: No more Life with Louie

Written By: Dude111 on 01/21/22 at 8:01 pm

Very sad :(

Subject: Survey Says: 68 for Louie Anderson

Written By: nally on 01/21/22 at 8:10 pm

Wow. Two famous guys kick the bucket within 24 hours. First Meat Loaf, now Louie Anderson. :\'(

If I were Richard Karn, I’d be careful. The previous 3 hosts are now expired.  :-\\

Yeah, I just realised that when I heard the news about Louie. Of course Ray was first to go, by taking his own life.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/22 at 7:20 am

https://deadline.com/2022/01/louie-anderson-dead-obituary-comedian-baskets-family-feud-emmy-winner-1234917040/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/henry-winkler-howie-mandel-gilbert-gottfried-and-more-stars-react-to-louie-anderson-s-death/ar-AAT12lk?cvid=15adba11728b407082779aa3caee13b0&ocid=winp1taskbar

Comedian, actor, host of Family Feud, and star of Life with Louie and Baskets has died from NH lymphoma. He was 68. He won two Emmys for Life with Louie and one for his gender-bending role as Zach Galifianakis's mother on Baskets.

He was also a celebrity game show fixture on the syndicated Funny You Should Ask. He himself was the first person to host the revived Family Feud in 1999, succeeding Richard Dawson (himself returning to host after Ray Combs). He was followed by Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, and Steve Harvey. Anderson also appeared on Byron Allen's syndicated Comics Unleashed.

RIP Louie Anderson, you'll be missed.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Survey Says: 68 for Louie Anderson

Written By: nally on 01/22/22 at 1:32 pm

RIP Louie Anderson, you'll be missed.  :\'(

I think he was okay as the Family Feud emcee from 1999-2002; I preferred other hosts instead.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/22 at 1:46 pm

I think he was okay as the Family Feud emcee from 1999-2002; I preferred other hosts instead.

mine was Richard Dawson.

Written By: nally on 01/22/22 at 1:54 pm

mine was Richard Dawson.

Yeah, he was the best, out of all six. O0

This June will mark ten years since he passed on.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/22 at 3:43 pm

I envision a committee of three physicians tending to Louie at the hospital, conferring on his condition.

”Survey SAID !  He’s dead !”

Yeah I know I sometimes have a sick sense of humor.

Check for new replies or respond here...