inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP Willie Leacox, 74, drummer of America (the Band)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/02/22 at 10:03 pm

Don't have a link yet (info on Facebook) will update.  Willie Leacox, 74, longtime drummer of the band America has passed away.

This one's personal - I met him and had an extended time to chat after a show along with another person.  What a terrific and down-to-earth guy.  He'd only stopped touring with the band over the past few years.

R.I.P. Willie Leacox

Updating with link:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/america-willie-leacox-dead/

Subject: Re: RIP Willie Leacox, 74, drummer of America (the Band)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/22 at 4:35 am

Don't have a link yet (info on Facebook) will update.  Willie Leacox, 74, longtime drummer of the band America has passed away.

This one's personal - I met him and had an extended time to chat after a show along with another person.  What a terrific and down-to-earth guy.  He'd only stopped touring with the band over the past few years.

R.I.P. Willie Leacox

Willie started with America in early 1973, which was after Ventura Highway was released. The first single featuring Willie on the drums was Muskrat Love which hit #7 on the US charts. Come 1974, the big hits started coming in, such as “Tin Man” and “All the Lonely People”, and the rest is history.  8)

Subject: RIP Willie Leacox, 74, drummer of America (the Band)

Written By: Dude111 on 02/03/22 at 7:05 pm

Very sad......

Check for new replies or respond here...