inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It’s a Whiter Shade of Pale for Gary Brooker

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/22 at 12:50 pm

Legendary British progressive rock singer Gary Brooker, who sang lead for the group Procol Harum, has passed away at the age of 76 from cancer.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2022/02/22/a-whiter-shade-of-pale-singer-gary-brooker-dead-at-76/

One of his biggest hits was A Whiter Shade of Pale. The track, released in 1967, was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1998, and was named the most-played song in public places in the U.K. for the past 75 years by the BBC in 2009.  8)

Subject: Re: It’s a Whiter Shade of Pale for Gary Brooker

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/22/22 at 1:26 pm

He played on George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" album too.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/22 at 1:28 pm

So sad.

"A Whiter Shade of Pale" is a pivotal of the 1960s.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/22/22 at 1:46 pm

Legendary British progressive rock singer Gary Brooker, who sang lead for the group Procul Hardin, has passed away at the age of 76 from cancer.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2022/02/22/a-whiter-shade-of-pale-singer-gary-brooker-dead-at-76/

One of his biggest hits was A Whiter Shade of Pale. The track, released in 1967, was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1998, and was named the most-played song in public places in the U.K. for the past 75 years by the BBC in 2009.  8)
RIP Gary Brooker.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/22/22 at 1:59 pm

Sad to say goodbye - I like Procul Harum    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Gary Brooker

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/22 at 2:33 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/22/22 at 4:58 pm

I thought I was getting Mandela'd. I was correct: It's "Procol Harum."

You beat me to the punch. I was gonna title it "Gary Brooker's last (light) fandango."

I love that song. Iconic. RIP.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/22 at 5:25 pm

His recording of Conquistador with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was awesome.  8)

GPlf09nVgWk

Written By: Contigo on 02/22/22 at 6:55 pm

White shade of pale is in absolutely iconic song , one of the greatest songs ever recorded. I think I was in 5th grade when the song first came on the scene.  Amazing song. Unforgettable. 1967 was such a good year for music. 

Gary Brooker, thank you for the music.

Written By: whistledog on 02/23/22 at 11:39 am

His recording of Conquistador with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was awesome.  8)

GPlf09nVgWk

Because they recorded that song in Alberta with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, they qualified for Canadian Content under both Artist and Production, so radio stations in Canada can use that song to fill their daily CANCON quotas.  I still hear that one on the radio alot and it still sounds epic!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/23/22 at 12:51 pm

Because they recorded that song in Alberta with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, they qualified for Canadian Conthettp://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/webby/grin.gifnt under both Artist and Production, so radio stations in Canada can use that song to fill their daily CANCON quotas.  I still hear that one on the radio alot and it still sounds epic!

Along with Celine Dion and Alanis Morrisette 24/7.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...