inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Now It’s My Two Sons: Tim Considine leaves the Cast

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/05/22 at 1:31 pm

Tim Considine, known for his role as Mike Douglas in the legendary 60s sitcom My Three Sons has passed away at the age of 81.  :\'(

https://deadline.com/2022/03/tim-considine-dead-obituary-actor-my-three-sons-shaggy-dog-patton-1234971353/

After MTS, Tim went on to play the role of the soldier who was slapped by General George S. Patton in the movie Patton.  8)

He launched his acting career at age 11 when he played the son of Red Skeleton’s character in 1953’s feature film The Clown.

Subject: Re: Now It’s My Two Sons: Tim Considine leaves the Cast

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/05/22 at 1:57 pm

Tim Considine's role on "My Three Sons"  is one of those odd TV moments that comes up every once in a while. He left the show after the first couple of seasons due to a dispute with the producer (and a desire to direct), so he was written out of the show in a cursory manner and promptly never mentioned again. Kind of like that mysterious older brother on the first few episodes of "Happy Days". But the departure of one of the three sons on a show called "My Three Sons" posed a problem. So they concocted a plot to bring in "adopted son" Ernie, played by Barry Livingston, thus insuring that there were still "three sons" on the show. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/05/22 at 3:23 pm

Kind of like that mysterious older brother on the first few episodes of "Happy Days". But the departure of one of the three sons on a show called "My Three Sons" posed a problem. So they concocted a plot to bring in "adopted son" Ernie, played by Barry Livingston, thus insuring that there were still "three sons" on the show.

That’s Gavan O’Herlihiy who played the older brother on Happy Days. He want on to be a villain in the Death Wish anthology. Charles Bronson snuffed him using a grenade launcher. Gavan bit it just last year.  :\'(

My great aunt was good friends with the aunt of Stanley and Barry Livingston.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/22 at 3:59 pm

Tim Considine's role on "My Three Sons"  is one of those odd TV moments that comes up every once in a while. He left the show after the first couple of seasons due to a dispute with the producer (and a desire to direct), so he was written out of the show in a cursory manner and promptly never mentioned again. Kind of like that mysterious older brother on the first few episodes of "Happy Days". But the departure of one of the three sons on a show called "My Three Sons" posed a problem. So they concocted a plot to bring in "adopted son" Ernie, played by Barry Livingston, thus insuring that there were still "three sons" on the show.

I was going to say that Barry Livingston is the real life brother of Stanley Livingston who played Chip on the show but...

My great aunt was good friends with the aunt of Stanley and Barry Livingston.  8)

Cat

Written By: Contigo on 03/06/22 at 9:28 am

Aww Man!
We used to watch My Three Sons every week. I remember Robbie passed away a few years ago.
Rip Mike Douglas. Missed him when we was no longer on the show.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/06/22 at 11:24 am

Aww Man!
We used to watch My Three Sons every week. I remember Robbie passed away a few years ago.

In 1973, Don Grady who played Robbie attempted to launch a serious music career under his real name Don Agrati.  He released an album called "Homegrown" on Electra Records. It never took off and was not a hit. I remember the full page ads in the music magazines, with the headline "who is Don Agrati?". They were trying to create a bit of a buzz.

Front cover:

https://i.discogs.com/nkRa7muWC3VjafFkLzvO4EjduK5kUU0Fo70ydkTJz4k/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:320/w:315/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTE0MDg4/ODEtMTI2OTYwNzYz/Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Back cover:

https://i.discogs.com/23rPy0KITP6FlVBEopZS8yQu4hQU3fuh7D1TlnaMrpg/rs:fit/g:sm/q:40/h:300/w:300/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTE0MDg4/ODEtMTUyMTA3NzIy/OS0xODcwLm1wbw.jpeg

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/06/22 at 11:27 am

Aww Man!

Yeah, Don Grady bit it back in 2012 from myeloma. His sister Lanita, better known by her stage name Lani O’Grady, starred in Eight is Enough and passed in 2001 from a drug overdose.  :\'(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 03/06/22 at 12:02 pm

My Three Sons wrote Bub and Mike out of existance - eg. flashbacks to Bub's era in later episodes would show only Uncle Charley, not Bub. One can imagine Dodie would have eventually become Steve's biological daughter as well. By the way, does anyone think the character's real name of Dorothy Anne is more beautiful than Dodie?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/22 at 2:49 pm

Whenever I hum the theme song, I have to tap my foot and bend over so my hands can do the "accordion" in from of them.  :D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V40Il-KtLTw

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/06/22 at 3:16 pm

My Three Sons wrote Bub and Mike out of existance - eg. flashbacks to Bub's era in later episodes would show only Uncle Charley, not Bub. One can imagine Dodie would have eventually become Steve's biological daughter as well. By the way, does anyone think the character's real name of Dorothy Anne is more beautiful than Dodie?

Years of boozing are what cost William “Bub” Frawley his job. He kept flubbing his lines and nodding off on the job, which meant they had to do many, many retakes. Finally he could not pass the annual physical exam.

Here’s the scoop: https://www.distractify.com/p/what-happened-to-bub-on-my-three-sons

Frawley bit it in 1966, which then made it kinda tough to include him in those “flashback” episodes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/22 at 3:40 pm

Years of boozing are what cost William “Bub” Frawley his job. He kept flubbing his lines and nodding off on the job, which meant they had to do many, many retakes. Finally he could not pass the annual physical exam.

Here’s the scoop: https://www.distractify.com/p/what-happened-to-bub-on-my-three-sons

Frawley bit it in 1966, which then made it kinda tough to include him in those “flashback” episodes.

I heard a lot of people hated working with him-including Vivian Vance on I Love Lucy.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...