inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emilio Delgado Luis On Sesame Street Passes Away At 81 From Multiple Myeloma

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/11/22 at 4:27 am

Beloved children's entertainer Emilio Delgado known for his role as Luis on Sesame Street passed away yesterday at the age of 81.  His wife Carole Delgado announced yesterday that he had been battling Multiple Myeloma for over a year.

https://www.avclub.com/r-i-p-emilio-delgado-luis-from-sesame-street-1848639371

Subject: Re: Emilio Delgado Luis On Sesame Street Passes Away At 81 From Multiple Myeloma

Written By: Howard on 03/11/22 at 2:05 pm

Beloved children's entertainer Emilio Delgado known for his role as Luis on Sesame Street passed away yesterday at the age of 81.  His wife Carole Delgado announced yesterday that he had been battling Multiple Myeloma for over a year.

https://www.avclub.com/r-i-p-emilio-delgado-luis-from-sesame-street-1848639371

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8eu2nBq_4

RIP Luis.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Emilio Delgado Luis On Sesame Street Passes Away At 81 From Multiple Myeloma

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/11/22 at 5:00 pm

QLI00pgykjg

Luis and Linda demonstrate before and after.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/11/22 at 7:47 pm

The first thing that springed to my mind:

d1-RUoN7Tt8

I couldn't forget this existing if I tried.

Written By: nally on 03/11/22 at 9:35 pm

Not a fellow whose name rings a bell to me, but it's sad that he's passed on. :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/12/22 at 12:01 am

Not a fellow whose name rings a bell to me, but it's sad that he's passed on. :\'(

Did you ever see this?

mz2Nb4MGbps

Written By: Howard on 03/12/22 at 7:09 am

Did you ever see this?

mz2Nb4MGbps

I remember seeing this and what a special moment that was. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/22 at 1:50 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/12/22 at 2:06 pm

When you think of it, there's not many of the original cast members left except for Bob, Gordon and Susan, Maria retired after 50 years on the show and maybe some others that I might be missing, The newer people came onto the show during The 90's and 00's.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/12/22 at 4:12 pm

When you think of it, there's not many of the original cast members left except for Bob, Gordon and Susan, Maria retired after 50 years on the show and maybe some others that I might be missing, The newer people came onto the show during The 90's and 00's.

Doctor Loretta Long is now the only original cast member left.  Emilio, Bob, and Roscoe  were forced to retire in 2015 but there was an uproar about that and so Sesame Workshop then backpedalled and said: "Oh, we weren't forcing them to retire.  We were looking to cut back their work hours."

Written By: Howard on 03/13/22 at 3:50 am

Doctor Loretta Long is now the only original cast member left.  Emilio, Bob, and Roscoe  were forced to retire in 2015 but there was an uproar about that and so Sesame Workshop then backpedalled and said: "Oh, we weren't forcing them to retire.  We were looking to cut back their work hours."

And then they were moved to HBO Kids.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/13/22 at 4:54 am

And then they were moved to HBO Kids.

Here in Canada Sesame Street was moved from CBC and TVOntario to Treehouse TV.  I mean it's a given that they moved it to another network but it changed so much that I hardly even noticed! ::) ::) ::) ::) It was probably to their benefit because it wasn't faring too well on PBS/CBC/TVOntario.  And Because Canadian Sesame Street, aka Sesame Park, was cancelled in 2001.

hYkpmfutx_M

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/16/22 at 5:37 am

I was wondering why RIP Luis was trending on Twitter?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/21/22 at 2:58 am

Well folks, Sesame Street is officially a terrible children's show.

I tried to watch it on Friday for nostalgias sake but all of the original actors who were on the show like FOREVER are no longer on the show.  Bob McGrath on since 1969, Doctor Loretta Long, on since 1969, Sonia Manzano, on since 1971 and retired in 2015, Emilio Delgado, on since 1971 and retired in 2016, Roscoe Orman, on since 1974 and retired in 2016.

I mean WTF were the people at Sesame Workshop even thinking? If I had kids I would never let them watch it.  It was just too painful for me to watch.  I was really put off by it actually!

b2rBhpVDzO8

Written By: Howard on 03/21/22 at 3:30 am

Well folks, Sesame Street is officially a terrible children's show.

I tried to watch it on Friday for nostalgias sake but all of the original actors who were on the show like FOREVER are no longer on the show.  Bob McGrath on since 1969, Doctor Loretta Long, on since 1969, Sonia Manzano, on since 1971 and retired in 2015, Emilio Delgado, on since 1971 and retired in 2016, Roscoe Orman, on since 1974 and retired in 2016.

I mean WTF were the people at Sesame Workshop even thinking? If I had kids I would never let them watch it.  It was just too painful for me to watch.  I was really put off by it actually!

b2rBhpVDzO8

I know what you mean, Sesame Street isn't the same from what it used to be during our times when we were kids. Now, the original actors have all retired or have passed away and that would include the majority of the people who did the muppets such as Big Bird, The Count and Richard Hunt who did a lot of the muppets on the show too. 

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/21/22 at 8:00 pm

I know what you mean, Sesame Street isn't the same from what it used to be during our times when we were kids. Now, the original actors have all retired or have passed away and that would include the majority of the people who did the muppets such as Big Bird, The Count and Richard Hunt who did a lot of the muppets on the show too. 

>:( I know.  The most recent one to pass away was Emilio Delgado almost 2 weeks ago.  >:( It's irritating that they couldn't have kept the integrity of the show without getting rid of people who have been on the show for 45 years or more.

Written By: nally on 03/21/22 at 11:12 pm

Did you ever see this?

mz2Nb4MGbps

Nope, can't say that I have. :-\\ But then again, I was very little when I watched Sesame Street so I don't have any specific recollections.

Written By: nally on 03/21/22 at 11:13 pm

...which is sad. :\'(

#TheyChangedItNowItSucks

Written By: Howard on 03/22/22 at 3:35 am

>:( I know.  The most recent one to pass away was Emilio Delgado almost 2 weeks ago.  >:( It's irritating that they couldn't have kept the integrity of the show without getting rid of people who have been on the show for 45 years or more.

And don't forget Linda too.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/22/22 at 4:55 pm

And don't forget Linda too.

Yes Linda Bove was a main cast member but she wasn't on there as long as Bob McGrath and Loretta Long were.  They were on the show since its debut in 1969 and it's a pity that Sesame Workshop thought that they were too old to continue on the show.  I mean what the hell were the producers thinking when they made this decision to retire a bunch of the main characters who were on the show for a long time like that? That's why I was so put off by this. It just has a less-than-subtle hint of ageism

Written By: Howard on 03/23/22 at 3:32 am

Yes Linda Bove was a main cast member but she wasn't on there as long as Bob McGrath and Loretta Long were.  They were on the show since its debut in 1969 and it's a pity that Sesame Workshop thought that they were too old to continue on the show.  I mean what the hell were the producers thinking when they made this decision to retire a bunch of the main characters who were on the show for a long time like that? That's why I was so put off by this. It just has a less-than-subtle hint of ageism

I think Sesame Workshop probably has to make way for the new generation of actors that could possibly take over one day as actors on the show.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/23/22 at 11:56 am

I think Sesame Workshop probably has to make way for the new generation of actors that could possibly take over one day as actors on the show.

That's probably right but it doesn't not stink of ageism to me.

Written By: Howard on 03/23/22 at 2:44 pm

That's probably right but it doesn't not stink of ageism to me.

How about the people who are still doing the muppets, most of them are still around.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/23/22 at 7:35 pm

How about the people who are still doing the muppets, most of them are still around.

Well, Carroll Spinney is gone, Jerry Nelson is gone, Richard Hunt is gone, Jim Henson's been gone for 31 years.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/23/22 at 8:26 pm

Well, Carroll Spinney is gone, Jerry Nelson is gone, Richard Hunt is gone, Jim Henson's been gone for 31 years.

Possible cast curse? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/23/22 at 10:27 pm

Possible cast curse? ???

Well, I don't know if "curse" is the right word for it but does seems like a lot of the original actors and puppeteers are gone.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/22 at 3:43 am

I'm talking about Frank Oz and Kevin Clash.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/22 at 3:45 am

Well, I don't know if "curse" is the right word for it but does seems like a lot of the original actors and puppeteers are gone.

I'm afraid Bob might be next, he's close to 90.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/22 at 12:34 pm

I'm afraid Bob might be next, he's close to 90.

Well, what about Susan? She's pushing 85 years old next year? Sonia Manzano is 72 in June, and Roscoe Orman is 78 in June. So, just about anything can happen between now and then.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/22 at 2:58 pm

Well, what about Susan? She's pushing 85 years old next year? Sonia Manzano is 72 in June, and Roscoe Orman is 78 in June. So, just about anything can happen between now and then.

Yeah You have a point there. We can only remember the good old days of when they were on the show.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/22 at 7:54 pm

Yeah You have a point there. We can only remember the good old days of when they were on the show.

Yes thank goodness we have You Tube to see all of our fond memories of Sesame Street.

I was watching a video of Loretta Long talking about how she auditioned for Sesame Street, her friendship with Bob McGrath and Matthew Robinson and Holly Robinson Peete, and talking about Sesame Street as a TV show and how the rest of the cast and crew got through customs with all of their equipment.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/01/22 at 8:10 pm

I'm talking about Frank Oz and Kevin Clash.

Frank and Kevin are still alive and well.

Kevin just had some issues with sexual abuse cases against him and he resigned from the Sesame Workshop in 2012.  The charges against him regarding sexual abuse were dropped last year due to the Statured of limitations running out, I didn't think there was a statured of limitations on child sexual abuse, but I don't think his career as the voice of Elmo will ever recover.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/04/24/showbiz/elmo-suits-dismissed/index.html

Check for new replies or respond here...