inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Columbia

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/26/22 at 4:35 am

This is awful.

The Foo Fighters have lost one of their own.  Taylor Hawkins, born Oliver Taylor Hawkins, was found dead in a hotel room in Bogota Columbia.  He was just 50 years old.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-03-25/taylor-hawkins-foo-fighters-drummer-dies-at-50

It's amazing that the last 4 years have been notorious for celebrity deaths.  Taylor Hawkins is just one of a long line of entertainers who have passed away.  And we may not know exactly how Taylor died?
My heart really does go out to his wife and his two teenaged kids who are now without their father.

Subject: Re: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Columbia

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/26/22 at 5:42 am

And we may not know exactly how Taylor died?

Hopefully not another case of hitting his head on something and then going to sleep.

Subject: Re: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Columbia

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/26/22 at 6:49 am

This one hurts. I've liked the Foo Fighters for a long time.

R.I.P. Taylor.  :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/26/22 at 1:09 pm

Hopefully not another case of hitting his head on something and then going to sleep.

It's not been revealed how he died.  I just hope that it's not another illicit substance, alcohol/drugs, related death.  Because Taylor had recovered from substance abuse.

This one hurts. I've liked the Foo Fighters for a long time.

R.I.P. Taylor.  :\'(

So have I.  It sure does hurt.  I'm sure it hurt Taylor's widow and his children pretty badly as well.

Subject: Re: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Colmbia

Written By: nally on 03/26/22 at 3:44 pm

It's not been revealed how he died.  I just hope that it's not another illicit substance, alcohol/drugs, related death.  Because Taylor had recovered from substance abuse.

So have I.  It sure does hurt.  I'm sure it hurt Taylor's widow and his children pretty badly as well.

Well whatever it was that killed him, it's sad all around. :\'(

One group that I'm with on Facebook, has several people posting links to his passing, as well as tributes.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/27/22 at 7:37 am

Just heard the preliminary toxicology report.

”The report showed he had at least 10 different psychoactive substances in his body including "THX (Marijuana), tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids, among others," the Attorney General’s Office in Colombia said in the document shared on Twitter.”

So it sounds like they suspect some involvement re: substances.  :-\\

I wonder why so many different forms of dope? ??? Most addicts I’ve known stick with just one (in addition to the usual tobacco and alcohol).

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/27/22 at 2:10 pm

Just heard the preliminary toxicology report.

”The report showed he had at least 10 different psychoactive substances in his body including "THX (Marijuana), tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids, among others," the Attorney General’s Office in Colombia said in the document shared on Twitter.”

So it sounds like they suspect some involvement re: substances.  :-\\

I wonder why so many different forms of dope? ??? Most addicts I’ve known stick with just one (in addition to the usual tobacco and alcohol).

I don't think the Marijuana is what killed him.  At the very least however much marijuana he took certainly wasn't enough to kill Taylor but all of those pills that he took is more than likely what killed him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/27/22 at 3:31 pm

I don't think the Marijuana is what killed him.  At the very least however much marijuana he took certainly wasn't enough to kill Taylor but all of those pills that he took is more than likely what killed him.

No argument here.

Subject: Re: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Colmbia

Written By: nally on 03/27/22 at 5:40 pm

No argument here.

I agree that's what's likely too.

Subject: Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Found Dead In A Hotel In Bogota, Columbia

Written By: Dude111 on 03/31/22 at 12:54 am

Very sad......I hope they can continue on,im sure he would want that..

:(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/01/22 at 8:15 pm

Very sad......I hope they can continue on,im sure he would want that..

:(

It was hurtful for them because Taylor was not only a member of their band but he was also a member of the Foo Fighters family.  I'm sure Taylor would want them to continue. :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/19/22 at 7:18 pm

I agree that's what's likely too.

I don't like that doctors have this tendency to prescribe patients all of these pills that you don't really need just because they want to push it on people.  They probably knew that Taylor was a recovering addict and yet doctors just kept on pushing pills on Taylor that he more than likely didn't need.

Written By: nally on 04/23/22 at 3:12 pm

I don't like that doctors have this tendency to prescribe patients all of these pills that you don't really need just because they want to push it on people.  They probably knew that Taylor was a recovering addict and yet doctors just kept on pushing pills on Taylor that he more than likely didn't need.

I agree with you.

It was hurtful for them because Taylor was not only a member of their band but he was also a member of the Foo Fighters family.  I'm sure Taylor would want them to continue. :)

I'm sure the surviving members will decide what they think is best.

Check for new replies or respond here...