inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No More Paella: Seinfeld’s Estelle Harris Exits the Stage

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/22 at 8:58 am

Estelle Harris born Estelle Nussbaum) has passed away at the age of 93, the latest Seinfeld cast member to move on to that great sound stage in the sky.  :\'(  She was 93 years young.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/03/entertainment/estelle-harris-actress-obit/index.html

In addition to her role as George Costanza’s doting mother, she also voiced the character of Mrs. Potato Head for Toy Story.

She’s just the latest Seinfeld cast member to move on. The late cast members include Jerry Stiller (Frank Costanza), Sandy Baron (Jack Klompus from Del Boca Vista), Phil Bruns (Morty Seinfeld #1), Barney Martin (Morty Seinfeld #2), Len Lesser (Uncle Leo), Ian Abercrombie (Mister Pitt), Richard Herd (Mr. Wilhelm), Warren Frost (Mister Ross), Daniel Von Bargen (Mr. Kruger, from Kruger Industrial Smoothing), Rene Santoni (Poppie), Billye Raye Wallace (Nana Seinfeld), Frances Bay (Mabel Choate, the woman from whom Jerry stole a loaf of marble rye), Lloyd Bridges (Izzy Mandelbaum), and Walter Olkewicz (Nick the Cable Guy), just to name a few. While there’s been talk of a Seinfeld reboot, I’m not sure how they’d be able to pull that off now.  :-\\

Here’s a classic scene with Estelle in the episode The Contest.  ;D

u0GuecuiOH8

And her famous paella dish….  8)

mo8G4DoQVdY

Subject: Re: No More Paella: Seinfeld’s Estelle Harris Exits the Stage

Written By: andersenb11775 on 04/03/22 at 10:23 am

Your post has me wondering - I'm trying to remember - Family Ties is about the *only* show from the eighties that i know of that still has ALL of its main cast still alive today.

Written By: nally on 04/03/22 at 12:09 pm

R.I.P to Estelle :\'(

Written By: Howard on 04/03/22 at 3:00 pm

Your post has me wondering - I'm trying to remember - Family Ties is about the *only* show from the eighties that i know of that still has ALL of its main cast still alive today.

You got that right.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/22 at 3:01 pm

Estelle Harris born Estelle Nussbaum) has passed away at the age of 93, the latest Seinfeld cast member to move on to that great sound stage in the sky.  :\'(  She was 93 years young.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/03/entertainment/estelle-harris-actress-obit/index.html

In addition to her role as George Costanza’s doting mother, she also voiced the character of Mrs. Potato Head for Toy Story.

She’s just the latest Seinfeld cast member to move on. The late cast members include Jerry Stiller (Frank Costanza), Sandy Baron (Jack Klompus from Del Boca Vista), Phil Bruns (Morty Seinfeld #1), Barney Martin (Morty Seinfeld #2), Len Lesser (Uncle Leo), Ian Abercrombie (Mister Pitt), Richard Herd (Mr. Wilhelm), Warren Frost (Mister Ross), Daniel Von Bargen (Mr. Kruger, from Kruger Industrial Smoothing), Rene Santoni (Poppie), Billye Raye Wallace (Nana Seinfeld), Frances Bay (Mabel Choate, the woman from whom Jerry stole a loaf of marble rye), Lloyd Bridges (Izzy Mandelbaum), and Walter Olkewicz (Nick the Cable Guy), just to name a few. While there’s been talk of a Seinfeld reboot, I’m not sure how they’d be able to pull that off now.  :-\\

Here’s a classic scene with Estelle in the episode The Contest.  ;D

u0GuecuiOH8

And her famous paella dish….  8)

mo8G4DoQVdY

RIP Estelle Harris.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/22 at 5:18 am

Shows from the 60s have it even worse.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 04/04/22 at 9:02 am

Some productions have been particularly badly hit by actor deaths.

The movie Song of the South started losing actors to death quickly and indeed all of its child actors comparatively early - and none of those children reached anywhere near the average lifespan.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/22 at 11:13 am

Some productions have been particularly badly hit by actor deaths.

The movie Song of the South started losing actors to death quickly and indeed all of its child actors comparatively early - and none of those children reached anywhere near the average lifespan.

Diff’rent Strokes would be another one.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 04/04/22 at 11:25 am

An "in character" reunion show for DS today would have to be based around Willis and Sam. Kinda like a Brady Bunch in character reunion that could only have Greg Brady and Cousin Oliver.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/22 at 12:24 pm

An "in character" reunion show for DS today would have to be based around Willis and Sam. Kinda like a Brady Bunch in character reunion that could only have Greg Brady and Cousin Oliver.

Shaver Ross could also reprise his role as Dudley. He was in 43 episodes. After them it is pretty slim pickings.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/04/22 at 3:14 pm

Diff’rent Strokes would be another one.

Yes, Dana Plato died from drug overdose in 1999, Gary Coleman died in 2010 and Mr Drummond died a couple of years ago. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/22 at 7:02 pm

Yes, Dana Plato died from drug overdose in 1999, Gary Coleman died in 2010 and Mr Drummond died a couple of years ago. :\'(

As did Dixie Carter, Mary Ann Mobley, Nedra Volz (Adelaide Brubaker), Dody Goodman (Aunt Sophia), and Charlotte Rae.

Fortunately Mary Jo Catlett (Pearl) is still on our side of the grass.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/22 at 3:27 am

As did Dixie Carter, Mary Ann Mobley, Nedra Volz (Adelaide Brubaker), Dody Goodman (Aunt Sophia), and Charlotte Rae.

Fortunately Mary Jo Catlett (Pearl) is still on our side of the grass.  :)

I'm not sure what she's been doing lately.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/22 at 5:27 am

I'm not sure what she's been doing lately.

She’s 83 years old so probably retired.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 04/05/22 at 8:42 am

Arnold and Mr Drummond's cameo in "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" is intended to be "aww, how adorable! Still together!" by the Fresh Prince production team but you realize when watching it that it means that Arnold Jackson is almost thirty and still living with his adopted father!

Written By: Howard on 04/05/22 at 2:26 pm

She’s 83 years old so probably retired.

Yes, you're right but she's been doing here and there stuff.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/05/22 at 7:45 pm

Yes, you're right but she's been doing here and there stuff.

She's Mrs. Puff. I'd definitely call that something.

I love the Potato Heads, and I've been watching Seinfeld on Netflix. She was hilarious. RIP.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 4:38 pm

Apparently Estelle was creamated, according to her son.  :-\\

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/238474060/estelle-harris

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/06/22 at 7:26 pm

Apparently Estelle was creamated, according to her son.  :-\\

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/238474060/estelle-harris

I was certain Mrs. Potato Head would be planted next to Don Rickles.

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Check for new replies or respond here...