inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Last Down for Dwayne Haskins

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/22 at 4:14 pm

Legendary Ohio State quarterback, Heidtman Trophy finalist, and backup QB for the Picksburgh Steelers Dwayne Haskins has passed away at the age of 24 in Florida.  :\'(

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33706232/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-dies-being-hit-car

Apparently he was walking on Interstate 595 at 6:37 AM today, when he was hit by a dump truck.  :-\\. Presently  it is not known what he was doing walking across the busy highway. The Florida Highway Patrol has opened up a homicide investigation.

Subject: Re: Last Down for Dwayne Haskins

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/09/22 at 4:44 pm

I'm not that familiar, but no one should leave us like that, and so young.  Tragic!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( 

R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/22 at 1:18 am

There’s still no word as to why Mr. Haskins was walking on an interstate highway.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/12/22 at 11:19 pm

I'm not that familiar, but no one should leave us like that, and so young.  Tragic!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( 

R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

Agreed! :\'(

There’s still no word as to why Mr. Haskins was walking on an interstate highway.  :-\\

I’m actually not familiar with him, per se; I assume he’s NOT related to actor Dennis Haskins, aka Mr. Belding from Saved By The Bell

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 4:39 pm

I’m actually not familiar with him, per se; I assume he’s NOT related to actor Dennis Haskins, aka Mr. Belding from Saved By The Bell

If related, they’d need to be very distant relatives.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/22 at 5:15 am

The medical examiner’s report has been issued. Mr. Haskins’ blood alcohol level at the time of his passing was 0.24, three times the legal limit. Apparently he had been out at a club “drinking heavily”.  :-\\

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33971836/dwayne-haskins-was-legally-drunk-death-according-toxicology-report

The medical examiner's investigation report stated that when Haskins' car was found on the side of the highway, a "female companion" was in the vehicle and told the Florida Highway Patrol that Haskins had left the vehicle to try to find gas. The woman's relationship to Haskins was not known, according to the report.

According to 911 audio released in April, Haskins' wife, who was not with him at the time of the accident, told a 911 dispatcher that the quarterback was walking to get gas on the morning he was struck and killed. Kalabrya Haskins told the 911 dispatcher that her husband called her early April 9 and told her he was getting out of his vehicle to get gas and that he would call her back when he returned to the car. When she didn't hear back, she called 911 and requested that dispatch check on him.
Which explains why he was walking in the highway.

Check for new replies or respond here...