inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jerry Doucette

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/22 at 11:39 pm

I forgot to mention this one when it happened.  Canadian singer/guitarist Jerry Doucette died on April 18 at the age of 70

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rocker-jerry-doucette-dead-at-70-1.6157174

He had several hits in Canada during the late 70s, plus a brief comeback in the 90s and was also the singer in a band called Buxton Kastle, but in the US, he is best known for the 1977 hit Mama Let Him Play which was his only charting single on the US Hot 100, and despite it's low chart placing, I have been told it's still a recognizable song on US Rock radio.  His success crumbled when the 70s ended due to his record label going under after being sued by the rock band Heart

with Buxton Kastle
1972 - Kagie
1972 - Red Red The Rocking Horse

as a solo artist under the name Doucette
1977 - Down The Road
1977 - Mama Let Him Play
1978 - All I Wanna Do
1979 - Nobody
1979 - Run Buddy Run
1994 - How Strong

Mama Let Him Play (1977)

OfW0ndxATt8

All I Wanna Do (1978)
I used to think this was an 80s song because I remember hearing it on the radio so much as a kid.  I still hear this one as well as Mama Let Him Play a lot on the radio to this day!

kj9HDXk-00Q

Subject: Jerry Doucette

Written By: Dude111 on 04/27/22 at 7:06 pm

Very sad.......

Check for new replies or respond here...