inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vangelis Goes Out on a Chariot of Fire

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/22 at 6:13 pm

Legendary film soundtrack composer Vangelis (born Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou) has passed away at the age of 79.  :\'(

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/19/vangelis-greek-composer-chariots-of-fire-blade-runner-dies

Subject: Re: Vangelis Goes Out on a Chariot of Fire

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/19/22 at 7:49 pm

I have a friend who just graduated who was a college radio DJ, and he loved to play Aphrodite's Child on his show. Great stuff. I'm a big synth guy, and my great-grandmother was Greek, so it's tough to lose a giant like this.

RIP Vangelis.

NoAzpa1x7jU

Written By: nally on 05/19/22 at 8:21 pm

Aww, how sad. :\'( I have always loved his song “Chariots Of Fire.”

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/22 at 11:51 pm

This is sad news.  He was a great instrumentalist.  In the early 80s, he collaborated with Jon Anderson (lead singer of Yes) under the name Jon and Vangelis.  Their 1981 single The Friends of Mr. Cairo is a very weird song, yet somehow in Canada, it had a 5 week run at #1 and peaked at #4 in the Top 100 songs that year.  I still don't get it, but the song has over the years grown on me

pjyFydbgBG4

Written By: Howard on 05/20/22 at 3:43 am

Legendary film soundtrack composer Vangelis (born Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou) has passed away at the age of 79.  :\'(

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/19/vangelis-greek-composer-chariots-of-fire-blade-runner-dies

RIP Vangelis.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/22 at 11:21 am

Over the years I have always like the music of Vangelis, Especially "Chariots of Fire" and "1492".

Written By: Contigo on 05/21/22 at 3:16 pm

This is sad news.  He was a great instrumentalist.  In the early 80s, he collaborated with Jon Anderson (lead singer of Yes) under the name Jon and Vangelis.  Their 1981 single The Friends of Mr. Cairo is a very weird song, yet somehow in Canada, it had a 5 week run at #1 and peaked at #4 in the Top 100 songs that year.  I still don't get it, but the song has over the years grown on me

Ah yes I do recall Friends of mr Cairo , never cared for it , I knew it was a number 1 for weeks , never understood why , lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...