inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ann Turner Cook Opens Her Last Jar of Gerber’s…

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/22 at 7:38 am

Ann Turner Cook, former model whose baby picture has graced jars of Gerber’s Baby Food since 1928, has passed away all too soon at the age of 95.  :\'(

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/original-gerber-baby-ann-turner-cook-dies-at-95-company-says/

The picture was selected by Gerber as the face of a baby food advertising campaign in 1928 and later became the company’s logo in 1931.  8). The drawing of Ann Turner Cook has been used on virtually all Gerber baby food packaging since.

The Gerber website said the identity of the original baby was mystery for many years with guesses ranging from movie stars Humphrey Bogart and Elizabeth Taylor to Senator Bob Dole. ;D In 1978, Turner revealed it was her.

Subject: Re: Ann Turner Cook Opens Her Last Jar of Gerber’s…

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/04/22 at 9:27 am

There have long been urban legends swirling around the "Gerber baby". The most prevalent being that it is an illustration of legendary actor Humphrey Bogart as a baby:

www.snopes.com/fact-check/heres-looking-at-you-kid/

Subject: Re: Ann Turner Cook Opens Her Last Jar of Gerber’s...

Written By: nally on 06/04/22 at 11:26 am

Aha! So she was the Gerber Baby. I didn't know that until now.

R.I.P. to the Gerber Girl...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/22 at 2:45 pm

Aha! So she was the Gerber Baby. I didn't know that until now.

R.I.P. to the Gerber Girl...

Hopefully her image does not go the way of Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, or the Cream of Wheat dude.

Subject: Re: Ann Turner Cook Opens Her Last Jar of Gerber’s…

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/04/22 at 9:35 pm

I always thought it was a boy.  :-\\ I always thought it was Randy Rande Gerber, who at one time was still is (!) married to Cindy Crawford.

And apparently, thanks to Futurama, there's a longstanding urban legend that the baby was Nixon.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/22 at 3:27 am

Hopefully her image does not go the way of Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, or the Cream of Wheat dude.

I don't think it will.

Check for new replies or respond here...