inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jim Seals Will Never Pass This Way Again

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/22 at 1:47 pm

Legendary 1970s singer Jim Seals, half of the soft rock hit duo Seals & Crofts has passed away at the age of 80.  :\'(

https://variety.com/2022/music/obituaries-people-news/jim-seals-dead-seals-crofts-summer-breeze-soft-rock-1235286748/

His brother was the late “England” Dan Seals, who was part of England Dan and John Ford Coley back in the day.  8)

With Jim Seals as the primary lead vocalist of the harmonizing duo, Seals and Crofts came to be the very emblem of “soft rock” with a run of hits that lasted for only about six years. Although none of the pair’s hits ever reached No. 1 on the Hot 100, their biggest songs were for a time as ubiquitous as any that did top the chart. “Summer Breeze” in 1972 and “Diamond Girl” in 1973 both reached No. 6, as did a more upbeat song in 1976, “Get Closer,” sung with Carolyn Willis.

Back in ‘78, ol’ LyricBoy took a hot date to a Seals & Crofts concert at the Syria Mosque venue in Picksburgh.  8)

Subject: Re: Jim Seals Will Never Pass This Way Again

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/07/22 at 2:03 pm

I never cared for Seals & Crofts myself, they were a little too on the mushy side for me. But they were a mainstay of 70s radio and had a lot of success.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/22 at 2:16 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Subject: Jim Seals Will Never Pass This Way Again

Written By: Dude111 on 06/07/22 at 3:02 pm

Very sad.........

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/07/22 at 3:13 pm

I loved Seals and Crofts - sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Jim Seals

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/07/22 at 5:17 pm

I like "Summer Breeze." That's about all I know.

RIP

Written By: whistledog on 06/07/22 at 5:24 pm

I really liked their music, but I am more familiar with his brother Dan (Bop was a #1 single here in Canada).
I have a K-Tel album from '79 called The Seals and Crofts collection.  I quite enjoy listening to it  from time to time.  Diamond Girl and Summer Breeze are fantastic songs!

R.I.P.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/22 at 5:27 pm

I really liked their music, but I am more familiar with his brother Dan (Bop was a #1 single here in Canada).
I have a K-Tel album from '79 called The Seals and Crofts collection.  I quite enjoy listening to it  from time to time.  Diamond Girl and Summer Breeze are fantastic songs!

R.I.P.

“England” Dan crooned probably one of the most often misheard lyrics of our age.

”I’m not talking about the linens..” 🎶

Written By: nally on 06/07/22 at 7:50 pm

I like "Summer Breeze." That's about all I know.

RIP

That’s the one song I like best from them too.

R.I.P to Jim; now he and his brother Dan are together in heaven. :\'(

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/12/22 at 9:10 pm

Scatter his ashes on a summer breeze...
RIP Jim, with a diamond girl.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...