inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ready or Not, Poogie Hart Gone at 77

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/15/22 at 12:54 pm

Legendary lead singer of the R&B/pop group The Delfonics, William ‘Poogie’ Hart has passed on at the age of 77, following surgical complications.  :\'(

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5784621/william-poogie-hart-dead-delfonics-singer-complications-surgery/

Poogie and the Delfonics put out a mountain of hits, including Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) and Ready or Not Here I Come (Can’t Hide From Love).

Their songs have been used in film soundtracks, including Quentin Tarantino's 1997 movie Jackie Brown, in which "La-La (Means I Love You)" and "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)" underscore the pivotal relationship between the characters played by Pam Grier and Robert Forster. Their songs "Ready or Not Here I Come (Can't Hide from Love)" and "Funny Feeling" were used in the video game Grand Theft Auto V on the fictional radio station The Lowdown 91.1.  8)

Subject: Re: Ready or Not, Poogie Hart Gone at 77

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/17/22 at 2:07 pm

Sad to hear this - I like The Delfonics.  He will be missed    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. William "Poogie" Hart

Subject: Re: Ready or Not, Poogie Hart Gone at 77

Written By: Howard on 07/17/22 at 2:28 pm

Legendary lead singer of the R&B/pop group The Delfonics, William ‘Poogie’ Hart has passed on at the age of 77, following surgical complications.  :\'(

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5784621/william-poogie-hart-dead-delfonics-singer-complications-surgery/

Poogie and the Delfonics put out a mountain of hits, including Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) and Ready or Not Here I Come (Can’t Hide From Love).

Their songs have been used in film soundtracks, including Quentin Tarantino's 1997 movie Jackie Brown, in which "La-La (Means I Love You)" and "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)" underscore the pivotal relationship between the characters played by Pam Grier and Robert Forster. Their songs "Ready or Not Here I Come (Can't Hide from Love)" and "Funny Feeling" were used in the video game Grand Theft Auto V on the fictional radio station The Lowdown 91.1.  8)

RIP Poogie.  :\'(

Subject: Ready or Not, Poogie Hart Gone at 77

Written By: Dude111 on 07/19/22 at 9:29 pm

Very sad :(

Check for new replies or respond here...