inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goodfellas Cast Takes Another Hit - Paul Sorvino Gone at 83

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/25/22 at 3:34 pm

Legendary actor Paul Sorvino well known for his portrayal of Lucchese Mob Family member Paulie Vario in the mob classic film Goodfellas, has passed away at 83.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/entertainment/paul-sorvino-obit/index.html

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Sorvino earned a Tony nomination for his role in "That Championship Season" (reprising the role in the film version) and appeared in a long list of movies that included portraying Henry Kissinger in "Nixon," "Dick Tracy," "Reds," and "The Rocketeer."  8)

This is the second recent cast death for the Goodfellas team, following that of Ray Liotta a month or so ago. It looks like hopes for a Goodfellas II sequel have been dashed.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Goodfellas Cast Takes Another Hit - Paul Sorvino Gone at 83

Written By: nally on 07/25/22 at 8:06 pm

Wow, very sad. :\'(
R.I.P. to Mira’s dad.

I know that he had more than one wife.
I still remember him on TV from That’s Life.

Subject: Re: Goodfellas Cast Takes Another Hit - Paul Sorvino Gone at 83

Written By: Howard on 07/26/22 at 3:31 am

Legendary actor Paul Sorvino well known for his portrayal of Lucchese Mob Family member Paulie Vario in the mob classic film Goodfellas, has passed away at 83.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/entertainment/paul-sorvino-obit/index.html

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Sorvino earned a Tony nomination for his role in "That Championship Season" (reprising the role in the film version) and appeared in a long list of movies that included portraying Henry Kissinger in "Nixon," "Dick Tracy," "Reds," and "The Rocketeer."  8)

This is the second recent cast death for the Goodfellas team, following that of Ray Liotta a month or so ago. It looks like hopes for a Goodfellas II sequel have been dashed.  :-\\

RIP Paul Sorvino. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...