inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anne Heche Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/22 at 1:53 pm

Latest news, sadly legendary actress Anne Heche has succumbed to the injuries suffered in her auto incident last week.  :\'(

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/12/anne-heche-dead-dies-car-crash/

Say what you want about her,  she started life with plenty of crappy breaks. Given everything she had to go through in her life, she still soldiered on. It’s just too bad that things ended this way.  :-\\ :\'(

Subject: Re: Anne Heche Gone

Written By: Howard on 08/12/22 at 2:31 pm

Latest news, sadly legendary actress Anne Heche has succumbed to the injuries suffered in her auto incident last week.  :\'(

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/12/anne-heche-dead-dies-car-crash/

Say what you want about her,  she started life with plenty of crappy breaks. Given everything she had to go through in her life, she still soldiered on. It’s just too bad that things ended this way.  :-\\ :\'(

RIP Anne Heche.  :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/12/22 at 3:11 pm

I don't know much about the movies of Ann Heche, but it seems anytime she was in the news it was for all the wrong reasons. Erratic behavior, drugs, strange breakups, etc. She was at times romantically linked with Ellen DeGeneres and with Fleetwood Mac's Lindsay Buckingham. So it seems her romantic life was quite varied as well. Maybe she will find peace now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/22 at 3:23 pm

I only know her from the remake of Hitchcock's "Psycho" where she played Marion Crane, and this film is one I refuse to watch for I only wish to keep the original in my mind.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/12/22 at 4:06 pm

I don't know much about the movies of Ann Heche, but it seems anytime she was in the news it was for all the wrong reasons. Erratic behavior, drugs, strange breakups, etc. She was at times romantically linked with Ellen DeGeneres and with Fleetwood Mac's Lindsay Buckingham. So it seems her romantic life was quite varied as well. Maybe she will find peace now.

I don't know much about her movies either but at the same time I know she wasn't the same person after she broke up with Ellen Degeneres.  And had she survived that wreck she was in last week she would have been charged with suspicion of DUI?

That was the first thing I thought of when this happened. Was she drunk? Was she high? I didn't even know.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/12/22 at 6:23 pm

Sadly, the only thing that Ms. Heche will be most famous for is her rocky marriage to Ellen Degeneres. We hope that Anne will be resting in Another World (her soap opera). :\'(

As for her drinking, let's wait until the toxicology report comes in and we know definitely that she was above the legal limit.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/12/22 at 7:33 pm

Sadly, the only thing that Ms. Heche will be most famous for is her rocky marriage to Ellen Degeneres. We hope that Anne will be resting in Another World (her soap opera). :\'(

As for her drinking, let's wait until the toxicology report comes in and we know definitely that she was above the legal limit.

Anne Heche was never technically married to Ellen Degeneres. Heche and Degeneres were a couple for the short period of 1997 to 2000. She was later married to  Coleman Laffoon (apparently his real name) with whom she had a son. The couple were married for 5 1/2 years (longer than she was with DeGeneres). She later had another child with partner James Tupper whom she was with from 2007 to 2018 (longer than she was with DeGeneres). It just seems sad that she will be remembered primarily for her relatively temporary time with Ellen DeGeneres.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/22 at 2:58 pm

The only thing I recall seeing her in was "6 Days, 7 Nights" with Harrison Ford-which wasn't a great movie and I didn't think she was that good of an actress in that movie.

It is sad what happened to her, though.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/22 at 3:54 pm

The only thing I recall seeing her in was "6 Days, 7 Nights" with Harrison Ford-which wasn't a great movie and I didn't think she was that good of an actress in that movie.

Cat

She was great in Donnie Brasco, too. And also did a great job portraying a corrupt Chicago police bureaucrat in Chicago, P.D.  8)

Written By: nally on 08/13/22 at 4:03 pm

Cat

I saw that movie on my birthday in 1998 and thought it was decent; I also thought that the lead actors played their parts well.

You’re right; what happened to her is very sad. :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/13/22 at 8:40 pm

That's right but she was actually caught speeding on the security camera of the neighbor of the woman whose house she crashed into.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/14/22 at 8:20 pm

That's right but she was actually caught speeding on the security camera of the neighbor of the woman whose house she crashed into.

Okay, but we still don't know if alcohol played a part in the accident, or just reckless driving. Either way, still tragic.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/22 at 5:27 am

Anne has now been taken off of artificial life support.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/14/entertainment/anne-heche-taken-off-life-support/index.html

Written By: Howard on 08/15/22 at 1:28 pm

Anne has now been taken off of artificial life support.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/14/entertainment/anne-heche-taken-off-life-support/index.html

R.I.P. Anne Heche.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/22 at 1:30 pm

I read that they kept her on life support until a match could be found for an organ donation. They didn't say what organ(s).

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/15/22 at 7:58 pm

I read that they kept her on life support until a match could be found for an organ donation. They didn't say what organ(s).

Cat

Interesting; I didn’t know about the organ part of the story.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/15/22 at 10:16 pm

Okay, but we still don't know if alcohol played a part in the accident, or just reckless driving. Either way, still tragic.

They did a blood draw on her while she was on her way to the hospital and it determined that she had cocaine in her system.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/15/22 at 11:13 pm

They did a blood draw on her while she was on her way to the hospital and it determined that she had cocaine in her system.

:\'(  Cocaine is even worse than alcohol. Neither should be used while driving or any time for coke.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/22 at 3:36 am

That's why they always say "Don't Do Drugs".

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/24/22 at 4:27 pm

Here’s a link to Anne’s FindAGrave page:  https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/242575134/anne-celeste-heche

Check for new replies or respond here...