inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ramsey Lewis … Out of the In Crowd

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/12/22 at 5:26 pm

Celebrated jazz legend Ramsey Lewis, famed for his 1965 instrumental recording of The In Crowd, has passed away at the age of 87.

After Dobie Gray released the original version of The In Crowd in ‘64, the Ramsey Lewis Trio put out their smoooooooth instrumental version and the rest was history.  8). Lewis’s awesome jazz piano work won him three Grammy Awards, and he recorded over 80 albums.  :)

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-jazz-legend-ramsey-lewis-dies-at-87/

et8bJy9CSzk

Subject: Re: Ramsey Lewis … Out of the In Crowd

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/12/22 at 6:14 pm

Sorry to hear. I saw Ramsey Lewis live back in 77.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/12/22 at 7:20 pm

Sad to hear - I've long been a fan of Ramsey Lewis  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Ramsey Lewis

Written By: nally on 09/12/22 at 7:51 pm

Sad to hear - I've long been a fan of Ramsey Lewis  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Ramsey Lewis

Yeah, he recorded some nice music.

Sad to see him go :(

Written By: Howard on 09/13/22 at 3:21 am

Celebrated jazz legend Ramsey Lewis, famed for his 1965 instrumental recording of The In Crowd, has passed away at the age of 87.

After Dobie Gray released the original version of The In Crowd in ‘64, the Ramsey Lewis Trio put out their smoooooooth instrumental version and the rest was history.  8). Lewis’s awesome jazz piano work won him three Grammy Awards, and he recorded over 80 albums.  :)

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-jazz-legend-ramsey-lewis-dies-at-87/

et8bJy9CSzk

RIP Ramsey Lewis.

Check for new replies or respond here...