inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jesus is Just Alright With John Hartman

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/22/22 at 8:03 pm

Legendary drummer John Hartman, founding drummer of the mega-hit act The Doobie Brothers, has set down his sticks for the last time, at the age of 72.  :\'(

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/doobie-brothers-john-hartman-dead/

John was with the Doobies from the beginning, but ultimately left the band in ‘79 after Michael McDonald had ruined their original sound, replacing it with his droning voice.

Subject: Re: Jesus is Just Alright With John Hartman

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/24/22 at 10:17 am

Sad - I've been a longtime fan of the Doobie Brothers  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. John Hartman

Subject: Re: Jesus is just alright With John Hartman

Written By: nally on 09/24/22 at 11:10 am

Sad - I've been a longtime fan of the Doobie Brothers  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. John Hartman

R.I.P indeed.

He was probably not related to the late comedian Phil Hartman (who would have turned 74 today if still around). :\'(

Subject: Re: Jesus is just alright With John Hartman

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/24/22 at 1:14 pm

R.I.P indeed.

He was probably not related to the late comedian Phil Hartman (who would have turned 74 today if still around). :\'(

Indeed not likely. Phil was a Canuck, and his birth name was Hartmann (with the extra n). John hailed from Virginia and alas, had no extra “n”.

Phil did have a brother named John (Hartmann) though.

Subject: Re: Jesus is Just Alright With John Hartman

Written By: Howard on 09/24/22 at 1:47 pm

Legendary drummer John Hartman, founding drummer of the mega-hit act The Doobie Brothers, has set down his sticks for the last time, at the age of 72.  :\'(

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/doobie-brothers-john-hartman-dead/

John was with the Doobies from the beginning, but ultimately left the band in ‘79 after Michael McDonald had ruined their original sound, replacing it with his droning voice.

RIP To John, I always like the original sound of Doobie Brothers.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...