inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emmy-winning actor Leslie Jordan dies

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/25/22 at 11:08 am

Leslie Jordan, an Emmy-winning actor, writer and singer best known for his roles in “Will & Grace,” “American Horror Story” and “The Cool Kids" (with Vicky Lawrence,  David Alan Grier and Martin Mull) has died. He was 67.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/obituaries-people-news/leslie-jordan-dead-will-and-grace-american-horror-story-1235412784/

Jordan was driving in Hollywood Monday morning and crashed into the side of a building at Cahuenga Blvd. and Romaine St. It was suspected he suffered some sort of medical emergency.

Jordan was a veteran actor whose credits also included “The Help,” “The Cool Kids” and “Call Me Kat,” which is currently airing its third season on Fox. In 2006, he won the Emmy Award for guest actor in a comedy series for his work on “Will & Grace,” on which he played Karen’s sexually ambiguous, socialite frenemy Beverly Leslie.

He appeared on television shows including “Ally McBeal,” “Ugly Betty,” “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” “Hidden Palms,” “Star Trek: Voyager,” “Caroline in the City,” “Pee-Wee’s Playhouse,” “Reba,” “Boston Public,” “Nash Bridges” and “Boston Legal,” as well as films like “Ski Patrol,” “Roadside Rodeo,” “Love Ranch,” “Southern Baptist Sissies” and “The United States vs. Billie Holiday.”

Subject: Re: Emmy-winning actor Leslie Jordan dies

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/22 at 5:46 pm

He was a great and funny actor.  He was never a household name, but I think he was a household face.  To look at him, anyone would be able to say they say him in at least one thing even if they were not able to remember what it was. 

The first thing I ever saw him in was a movie called Ski Patrol back in 1990.  I went to the theatres to see it because it looked funny and it was. 

R.I.P.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/25/22 at 5:55 pm

His performances were fabulous.

Written By: nally on 10/25/22 at 11:03 pm

He was a great and funny actor.  He was never a household name, but I think he was a household face.  To look at him, anyone would be able to say they say him in at least one thing even if they were not able to remember what it was. 

That's probably about right. I didn't really know much about him until he passed on. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 10/26/22 at 7:13 am

That's probably about right. I didn't really know much about him until he passed on. :\'(

I only knew him from the shows he was on including Call Me Kat and a brief appearance on George Lopez in 2007.

Check for new replies or respond here...