inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aaron Carter Dead at 34

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/22 at 3:20 pm

Aaron Carter, younger brother of Back Street Boy Nick Carter, has passed away at the age of 34.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/05/aaron-carter-dead-dies/

The singer-turned-rapper and actor was found dead Saturday at his house in Lancaster, CA ... multiple sources tell us Aaron's body was found in his bathtub. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they received a 911 call at 11 AM Saturday that a male had drowned in the tub.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... homicide detectives have been dispatched to the scene, but we have no information or evidence of fowl play. It's standard operating procedure for homicide detectives to investigate such death scenes.

Subject: Re: Aaron Carter Dead at 34

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/22 at 3:22 pm

Side note, back in the day I dated a girl who, years later, had one of the Back Street Boys, A.J. McLean, sing at her wedding. 8)

Written By: nally on 11/05/22 at 6:16 pm

Oh no!! :o

I remember he rose to fame while still a kid, and that he was the brother of a certain BSB member.

Sad that he has died so young. :\'( :\'( RIP Aaron :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/06/22 at 1:03 am

https://www.distractify.com/p/aaron-carter-cause-of-death

It's sounding more and more like a substance abuse-related death.  They found Aaron's body in his bathtub.  Like Whitney Houston or Bobbi Kristina Brown.
It's heartbreaking that there's a baby boy who is now without his father.  Granted had Aaron gotten his stuff together in the first place then he'd still be here.

https://www.distractify.com/p/aaron-carter-cause-of-death

Written By: Howard on 11/06/22 at 2:58 am

Side note, back in the day I dated a girl who, years later, had one of the Back Street Boys, A.J. McLean, sing at her wedding. 8)

That's cool. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/22 at 6:00 pm

I followed the Carter family for years. It’s truly sad what all Aaron has went through, from the time he was a kid. Whether it is related to his battle with drugs, his mental health or a mixture of the two, it is heartbreaking. While I myself have not been an addict, I have been around it since childhood. It is very hard for addicts (both drugs and alcohol) to get and stay clean. Aaron had tried more than once. Leslie, his sister, overdosed in 2012. Nick has had drug and alcohol addictions and their sister BJ is an alcoholic. Angel and the other ones, as far as I know, are not. Aaron tried to fight it. I hope he is at peace now.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/06/22 at 6:34 pm

Very sad........

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/06/22 at 9:07 pm

I followed the Carter family for years. It’s truly sad what all Aaron has gone through, from the time he was a kid. Whether it is related to his battle with drugs, his mental health, or a mixture of the two, it is heartbreaking. While I have not been an addict, I have been around it since childhood. It is very hard for addicts (both drugs and alcohol) to get and stay clean. Aaron had tried more than once. Leslie, his sister, overdosed in 2012. Nick has had drug and alcohol addictions and their sister BJ is an alcoholic. Angel and the other ones, as far as I know, are not. Aaron tried to fight it. I hope he is at peace now.

Aaron was almost 10 years old when his mother Jane, who I always thought was a little bit nuts, tried to make him, his brother, and later his sister Leslie, who died in 2012, famous.
Nick and Aaron never had a life outside of music because being teenagers wasn't as important to Jane as being musicians and having money that their mother eventually started to mismanage.

Written By: Ripley on 11/07/22 at 2:42 pm

Aaron was almost 10 years old when his mother Jane, who I always thought was a little bit nuts, tried to make him, his brother, and later his sister Leslie, who died in 2012, famous.
Nick and Aaron never had a life outside of music because being teenagers wasn't as important to Jane as being musicians and having money that their mother eventually started to mismanage.

Jane is a witch with a capital B

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/10/22 at 1:09 am

Jane is a witch with a capital B

Well, she definitely f---ed Nick and Aaron up.  I don't know how anybody can be that dense not realize that she shouldn't have tried to play the manager of her two sons.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/23 at 3:06 am

US pop star Aaron Carter accidentally drowned in his bathtub because of drugs he had taken, a coroner's report says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65319830

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/19/23 at 5:19 am

US pop star Aaron Carter accidentally drowned in his bathtub because of drugs he had taken, a coroner's report says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65319830

One of the substances in his system was difluoroethane, which is the key ingredient of pressurized keyboard cleaners. Amongst taking other substances, he was also “huffing”.

Side note: About 15 years ago, one of the kids at my local high school went missing, as he had not reported to his summer job at the school. A week or so later he was found in the cafeteria freezer, frozen rock-solid with a couple of spent huffing containers by his side. It took two days to thaw him out before a proper autopsy could be performed.

Kids: Do not huff!!!

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/19/23 at 2:04 pm

One of the substances in his system was difluoroethane, which is the key ingredient of pressurized keyboard cleaners. Amongst taking other substances, he was also “huffing”.

Side note: About 15 years ago, one of the kids at my local high school went missing, as he had not reported to his summer job at the school. A week or so later he was found in the cafeteria freezer, frozen rock-solid with a couple of spent huffing containers by his side. It took two days to thaw him out before a proper autopsy could be performed.

Kids: Do not huff!!!

A lot of teens who huff do not realize that it can mess them up mentally if they don't die immediately. I have heard of kids who have snorting on airplane glue, gasoline (petrol) or dimebags who have experienced LSD like hallucinations that will linger through the rest of there lives.

That kid that froze himself to death in the freezer to get a buzz is unsettling. I hope parents are scared into caring for their loved ones and getting them the help they need.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/19/23 at 3:55 pm

Very sad....Another one gone :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/19/23 at 5:07 pm

A lot of teens who huff do not realize that it can mess them up mentally if they don't die immediately. I have heard of kids who have snorting on airplane glue, gasoline (petrol) or dimebags who have experienced LSD like hallucinations that will linger through the rest of there lives.

That kid that froze himself to death in the freezer to get a buzz is unsettling. I hope parents are scared into caring for their loved ones and getting them the help they need.

I don’t think that the freezer was part of the “buzz”. I think he went in there just so nobody would catch him huffing.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/23 at 2:53 am

I don’t think that the freezer was part of the “buzz”. I think he went in there just so nobody would catch him huffing.

I think it was a bad place to huff.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/20/23 at 9:29 pm

I think it was a bad place to huff.

No kidding.  :)  I never tried huffing myself because I know it's bad for you but of course.  It seems like Aaron didn't want any help.

Check for new replies or respond here...