inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robert Clary Escapes Stalag 13

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/16/22 at 5:29 pm

Legendary actor Robert Clary, famous for his role of Corporal LeBeau in the WW2 comedy Hogan’s Heroes, has passed away at the age of 96.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/robert-clary-hogans-heroes-star-and-auschwitz-survivor-dead-at-96/

His passing was not unexpected, as pretty much every other Heroes cast member already passed away long ago. Clary made a second career as a longtime cast member of soap operas B&B and DOOL.

Other cast members’ post-Heroes careers were not so fortunate. Bob Crane (famous as Hogan) pursued a direct-to-video career, but it did not end well for him.

Robert and the rest of the cast did a superb job. They made being detained by the Nazis and SS seem like quite a fun experience.

Subject: Re: Robert Clary Escapes Stalag 13

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/22 at 6:41 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I was not aware that he was an Auschwitz survivor.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/16/22 at 8:08 pm

He was hilarious on Hogan's Heroes - sad to hear  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Robert Clary

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/22 at 6:09 am

Kenneth Washington, who played the role of Sgt. Baker in the last season the show was in production, is the only ‘main’ cast member left alive, but he was only on for one season.

He was brought in the cast after the late Ivan Dixon (he played “Kinch”) left the show and they needed to maintain diversity in the show’s cast.

I’d like to see a Hogans Heroes reboot at some point, maybe a version set in Ukraine. 8)

Written By: Contigo on 11/17/22 at 7:54 am

Lebeau!

Hogan's Heroes was one of the funniest shows ever. Robert Clary was so good portraying Lebeau. 
So sad to hear of his passing.

Check for new replies or respond here...