inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Clarence Gilyard Leaves Us Behind

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/22 at 5:08 am

Legendary actor Clarence Gilyard has passed away at the age of 66, after what was characterized as a “long illness”. :\'(

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/clarence-gilyard-walker-texas-ranger-actor-dead-die-hard-1235271075/

Probably most famous for his role as sidekick to Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, Clarence was also sidekick to Andy Griffith in Matlock (replacing Kene Holliday), and he played roles in all of Kirk Cameron’s installments of the Left Behind film anthology.

Back in the day, Gilyard was everywhere. He did Diff’rent Strokes (yet another cast loss), The Facts of Life, 227, Simon & Simon, and CHiPS just to name a few. He also starred beside Bruce Willis in Die Hard. 8)

Gilyard’s first film appearance came in 1986 and was the not-insignificant role of Lieutenant Junior Grade Marcus “Sundown” Williams, one of the elite fighter pilots in Tony Scott’s monster hit Top Gun. 8)

Subject: Re: Clarence Gilyard Leaves Us Behind

Written By: Ripley on 11/29/22 at 1:24 pm

Awe another great actor gone 😢

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/22 at 2:26 pm

So sad. I knew him from Walker: Texas Ranger. Also, I didn't realize that he was an associate professor.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/29/22 at 3:36 pm

Legendary actor Clarence Gilyard has passed away at the age of 66, after what was characterized as a “long illness”. :\'(

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/clarence-gilyard-walker-texas-ranger-actor-dead-die-hard-1235271075/

Probably most famous for his role as sidekick to Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, Clarence was also sidekick to Andy Griffith in Matlock (replacing Kene Holliday), and he played roles in all of Kirk Cameron’s installments of the Left Behind film anthology.

Back in the day, Gilyard was everywhere. He did Diff’rent Strokes (yet another cast loss), The Facts of Life, 227, Simon & Simon, and CHiPS just to name a few. He also starred beside Bruce Willis in Die Hard. 8)

Gilyard’s first film appearance came in 1986 and was the not-insignificant role of Lieutenant Junior Grade Marcus “Sundown” Williams, one of the elite fighter pilots in Tony Scott’s monster hit Top Gun. 8)

RIP Clarence Gilyard.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 11/29/22 at 7:56 pm

So sad. I knew him from Walker: Texas Ranger. Also, I didn't realize that he was an associate professor.

Cat

I didn’t either! I guess ya learn something new every day!

RIP to Clarence G :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/29/22 at 9:08 pm

Sad - I liked him in Walker, Texas Ranger    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Clarence Gilyard

Check for new replies or respond here...