inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ruth Madoc: Hi-de-Hi! actress dies aged 79

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/22 at 7:33 am

Actress Ruth Madoc, who starred in the BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi!, has died aged 79, her agent says.

Her agent said she died in hospital on Friday afternoon after surgery for a fall she had earlier in the week.

Phil Belfield of talent agency Belfield & Ward Ltd described her as a "unique talent loved by many".

He paid tribute to her "iconic" TV performance as Gladys Pugh in the 1980s comedy Hi-de-Hi!, about a holiday camp in the late 50s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63927507

Subject: Re: Ruth Madoc: Hi-de-Hi! actress dies aged 79

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/22 at 8:27 am

She was legendary in 1971’s Fiddler on the Roof, where she starred with Topol and Paul Michael Glaser.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/22 at 9:25 am

She was legendary in 1971’s Fiddler on the Roof, where she starred with Topol and Paul Michael Glaser.  8)
"Fiddler on the Roof" is one of the films I still not yet have seen, and I had not realised that she was in it.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/22 at 2:49 pm

Is that the one with Zero Mostel?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/22 at 3:09 pm

Is that the one with Zero Mostel?

Zero was not in the film version, he only played on Broadway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/22 at 5:10 pm

"Fiddler on the Roof" is one of the films I still not yet have seen, and I had not realised that she was in it.

My mother took my ninth birthday party to go see it when it first came out. (Oh crap, I just dated myself again. I hate when I do that.) Of course I knew all the songs because I grew up listening to the album from the play (with Zero Mostel & Bea Arthur).

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...