inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rockford Files Closed - Stuart Margolin Is Now an Angel

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/22 at 5:02 am

Legendary TV actor Stuart Margolin, probably best known as Jim Rockford’s sketchy buddy Angel in The Rockford Files, has passed away at the age of 82 due to “natural causes”.  :\'(

https://nypost.com/2022/12/13/actor-stuart-margolin-dead-at-82/

Back in the 70s, this dude was a monster, showing up everywhere. He appeared on all sorts of shows, including Love American Style,  M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Partridge Family, Crazy Like a Fox, The Fall Guy, Magnum PI, Rhoda, The Land of Giants, and much much more.  8)

He made his mark on the silver screen, featured in the classic vigilante film Death Wish, where he presented Charles Bronson with a pistol, that ol’ Chuck soon put to good use.  :-X

With the departure of Stuart, the only remaining main cast member of The Rockford Files is the lovely Gretchen Corbett :-* likely most famous for her awesome bikini scene in an episode of Columbo, playing the role of William Conrad’s secretary.  :P

Subject: Re: Rockford Files Closed - Stuart Margolin Is Now an Angel

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/22 at 1:56 pm

Never watched the Rockford Files but I remember him from Love American Style & M*A*S*H.

I COULD have met him because he was good friends with my cousin and his wife and was at their wedding. Unfortunately, I didn't go (can't recall why I couldn't). Apparently, their wedding was Who's Who in Hollywood but I heard that Vanna White wasn't invited because they didn't want her upstaging the bride.

Cat

Subject: Re: Rockford Files Closed - Stuart Margolin Is Now an Angel

Written By: nally on 12/19/22 at 11:11 pm

R.I.P. to Stuart. :\'( I never saw the Rockford Files either but I know the theme song; plus I know he acted in other productions.

Check for new replies or respond here...