inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jeff Beck Sets Down His Guitar…

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/23 at 5:11 pm

Legendary rock guitarist Jeff Beck has unexpectedly passed away at the age of 78, from bacterial meningitis.  :\'(

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jeff-beck-dead-at-78-obit-1234659559/

Beck, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was twice inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, both as a member of the Yardbirds as well as for his work with his own Jeff Beck Group.  8)

Subject: Re: Jeff Beck Sets Down His Guitar…

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/23 at 5:29 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/11/23 at 5:50 pm

He was quite the iconic guitarist - sad to hear  :\'(    :\'(    :\'(

R.I.P. Jeff Beck

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/23 at 6:16 pm

One of the last of the TRUE LEGENDS of the rock era. Whom I saw live twice I the early 70s.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/23 at 6:22 pm

“With the death of Jeff Beck we have lost a wonderful man and one of the greatest guitar players in the world. We will all miss him so much.” — Mick Jagger, via Twitter.

“Jeff was such a nice person and an outstanding iconic, genius guitar player, there will never be another Jeff Beck. His playing was very special & distinctively brilliant!” — Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi on Twitter.

“I’m heartbroken he looked in fine shape to me. Playing great he was in great shape. I’m shocked and bewildered.... He was a good friend and a great guitar player.” — Kinks guitarist Dave Davies, via Twitter.

“Jeff Beck was on another planet. He took me and Ronnie Wood to the USA in the late 60s in his band the Jeff Beck Group and we haven’t looked back since. He was one of the few guitarists that when playing live would actually listen to me sing and respond.” — Rod Stewart, via a statement.

“Now Jeff has gone, I feel like one of my band of brothers has left this world, and I’m going to dearly miss him. I’m sending much sympathy to Sandra, his family, and all who loved him.” — Ronnie Wood, on Twitter.

“No one played guitar like Jeff. Please get ahold of the first two Jeff Beck Group albums and behold greatness.” — Kiss bassist Gene Simmons on Twitter.

Written By: nally on 01/11/23 at 7:18 pm

R.I.P. to Jeff Beck :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/11/23 at 7:38 pm

I think it's fair to call my slightly older brother a "semi-professional" musician (he performs; it's a source of his income).  When he was a teen learning electric guitar he had several solo Jeff Beck albums that he would play over and over, learning those licks.  (This was when we lived in rural Michigan.)  He posted a nice tribute to Jeff Beck on Facebook.  I know that Jeff Beck was a huge influence for him, and for many, many others of my generation (and later) who play guitar.  What a loss to the musical world!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/23 at 12:34 am

I am sadden by this news.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...