inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Light Sixteen Candles for Carole Cook

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/23 at 5:37 pm

Nonagenarian actress Carole Cook who acted in fare as diverse as American Gigolo, Sixteen Candles, and The Incredible Mr. Limpet has passed away, all too soon, at the age of 98.  :\'(

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/carole-cook-dead-lucille-ball-protege-sixteen-candles-actress-1235297334/

If she’s not familiar to you, she’s the lady who played the role of the grandmother who felt up Molly Ringwald :-* on her 16th birthday in Sixteen Candles.  ;D. She also played the estranged wife of Don Knotts in Limpet.  :)

She was all over Television too, making guest appearances on such television shows as The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, Darkroom, Knight Rider, Emergency!, Magnum, P.I., McMillan and Wife, Murder, She Wrote, Dynasty, Charlie's Angels, Cagney & Lacey, Grey's Anatomy, and a starring role in a Season 4 episode of Hart to Hart.

When she married her husband (who at age 97 still survives her :o) her matron of honor was none other than Lucille Ball.  8)

She made her theatrical debut playing Mrs. Peacham in the 1956 off-Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, starring Lotte Lenya (Ms. Lotte being immortalized in the Bobby Darin hit, Mack the Knife.)

EhAiY3hTPpo

Subject: Re: Light Sixteen Candles for Carole Cook

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/23 at 6:13 pm

I think I saw her on Broadway in 42 Street back in the early 80s. I'll have to dig out my program from the show. Jerry Orbach was also in the show.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/23 at 6:34 pm

I think I saw her on Broadway in 42 Street back in the early 80s. I'll have to dig out my program from the show. Jerry Orbach was also in the show.

Cat

She played in that production.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/23 at 6:42 pm

She played in that production.

I know but I saw it during a matinee and some of the bigger names took the day off (like Tammy Grimes who I wanted to see. I can't recall who took her place.) Like I said, I have to dig out my program.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...