inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonite… but Dean Daughtry Is Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/23 at 5:56 pm

Legendary southern keyboardist Dean Daughtry, founding and long term member of The Atlanta Rhythm Section as well as the aptly-named Classics IV, has left the stage at 76.  :\'(

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/01/26/dean-daughtry-dies-atlanta-rhythm-section-keyboardist-co-founder/11128468002/

Back in their day, ARS was all over the charts with their smoooth southern sound, scoring big with tunes such as So Into You, Champagne Jam, the double entendre-laden Imaginary Lover ;), Do it or Die, and I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonite just to name a few. They also scored a big hit covering the old Classics IV tune, Spooky.

But the band has had just terrible luck.

R.J. Vealey died on November 13, 1999, of a heart attack at 37
Ronnie Hammond (born Ronald William Hammond on November 10, 1950) died on March 14, 2011, in Forsyth, Georgia, at age 60 of heart failure.
Robert Nix (born Robert Lafayette Nix on November 8, 1944, in Blakely, Georgia) died on May 20, 2012.
Paul Goddard died from cancer on April 29, 2014.
Buddy Buie, the band's manager and producer who received songwriting credits on all their albums, died on July 18, 2015.
J. R. Cobb died of a heart attack on May 4, 2019.
Barry Bailey died after a long battle with multiple sclerosis, on March 12, 2022.
…and now Dean is gone  :\'(

Here’s a YouTube of their first big hit…  8)

QyIZ3pYKOQM

Subject: Re: I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonite… but Dean Daughtry Is Gone

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/26/23 at 10:34 pm

I like Atlanta Rhythm Section and Classics IV - sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Dean Daughtry

Subject: Re: I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonite… but Dean Daughtry Is Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/23 at 1:43 pm

Rodney Justo is the only surviving member from the ARS original lineup. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...