inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No More Fighting for Charlie Norris

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/06/23 at 5:36 pm

Charlie Norris, legendary pro wrestler also known as “Thunderblood”, has passed away at the young age of 59.  :\'(

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2023/02/06/thunderblood-charlie-norris-dead-at-59/

Charlie only trained initially for two months, before he debuted on December 3, 1988, against Bulldog Derringer.  8)

Said Thunderblood: “I always felt I would do well because I had the athletic ability,” Norris told the Pro Wrestling Torch in 1993. “It was just the mystique of it. I liked the violence of it and the overall picture of wrestling. I also liked to talk to kids. I like being a role model for kids.”

Note: He is not to be confused with martial artist Chuck Norris.

Subject: Re: No More Fighting for Charlie Norris

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/23 at 6:22 pm

When I first read this, I thought it was Chuck Norris.

Cat

Subject: No More Fighting for Charlie Norris

Written By: Dude111 on 02/07/23 at 12:38 am

Very sad :(

Written By: Howard on 02/07/23 at 2:52 am

Cat

I thought the very same thing Cat.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/23 at 4:26 am

Cat
I thought the very same thing too!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/07/23 at 5:06 am

Cat

I thought the very same thing Cat.

I thought the very same thing too!

That’s why I included the clarification.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/23 at 3:15 pm

Charlie Norris, legendary pro wrestler also known as “Thunderblood”, has passed away at the young age of 59.  :\'(

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2023/02/06/thunderblood-charlie-norris-dead-at-59/

Charlie only trained initially for two months, before he debuted on December 3, 1988, against Bulldog Derringer.  8)

Said Thunderblood: “I always felt I would do well because I had the athletic ability,” Norris told the Pro Wrestling Torch in 1993. “It was just the mystique of it. I liked the violence of it and the overall picture of wrestling. I also liked to talk to kids. I like being a role model for kids.”

Note: He is not to be confused with martial artist Chuck Norris.

Did he use to work for The WWF?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/08/23 at 4:56 am

Did he use to work for The WWF?

I don’t think so. Chuck worked in the WCW and the PWA. He also participated in the NWA Grandslam back in ‘93.  He then ended his career with the AWF.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/23 at 1:41 pm

I don’t think so. Chuck worked in the WCW and the PWA. He also participated in the NWA Grandslam back in ‘93.  He then ended his career with the AWF.

With a name like that, I would've thought he was a jobber back on WWF Superstars during the early 90's.

Check for new replies or respond here...