inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Case Closed for Richard Belzer

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/23 at 11:14 am

Legendary comedian-turned-cop-actor Richard Belzer has finished his last investigation at the age of 78. :\'(

https://www.showbiz411.com/2023/02/19/rip-actor-and-comedian-richard-belzer-munch-of-svu-and-homicide-famous-for-dry-sense-of-humor

Belzer first played the role of Baltimore Detective Munch on the cop drama Homicide: Life in the Street, and then moved on to play the same role in New York’s Law & Order and its spin-offs Law & Order SVU (costarring with the lovely Mariska Hargitay :-*),  and Trial by Jury. In all, he played Munch for 22 years.  :o 8)

Subject: Re: Case Closed for Richard Belzer

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/19/23 at 11:34 am

Sorry to hear this. I have a book he wrote, "UFOs, JFK and Elvis: Conspiracy Theories You Don't have To Be Crazy to Believe". He was into all that kind of stuff.  There's nothing in the book about Elvis, by the way.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/23 at 12:18 pm

Sorry to hear this. I have a book he wrote, "UFOs, JFK and Elvis: Conspiracy Theories You Don't have To Be Crazy to Believe". He was into all that kind of stuff.  There's nothing in the book about Elvis, by the way.

An acquaintance of mine believes that the whole “single bullet theory” regarding the JFK assassination is pure fantasy. And he would know, being the Godfather of forensic pathology in the United States. He does not claim any sort of “conspiracy theory”, just that the “single bullet theory” is an exercise in investigative laziness, and that there was certainly more than one projectile that hit the motorcade.

Subject: Case Closed for Richard Belzer

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/23 at 12:38 pm

Very sad :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/23 at 2:16 pm

During a 1985 incident on Belzer’s talk show, Hulk Hogan put him in a choke hold, causing Belzer to pass out and hit his head on the studio floor, PEOPLE reported. The two settled out of court after Belzer sued.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/19/23 at 2:38 pm

During a 1985 incident on Belzer’s talk show, Hulk Hogan put him in a choke hold, causing Belzer to pass out and hit his head on the studio floor, PEOPLE reported. The two settled out of court after Belzer sued.  ;D

I think it was staged, don't think Hogan choked him that hard.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/23 at 2:45 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I once heard him talk about a filming of Law & Order one time. He said they were filming on the street somewhere and this guy comes out of the building and sees a bunch of people in cop uniforms-thinking they were real cops and put his hands up in surrender.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/19/23 at 2:48 pm

Looks like God didn't have a sense of hu.....
RIP, Richard. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...